Author Topic: 'Free speech' crowd at it again  (Read 429 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
'Free speech' crowd at it again
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:53 PM »
Well...not EVERYone's speech
link

Rush Limbaugh has long been a thorn in the side of liberals, but now, because of him, some Democratic politicians don't even want to join with a local radio station to broadcast hurricane information.
Radio station WIOD, AM 610, has been the official channel for emergency information from Broward County government for the past year. The County Commission, all Democrats, balked at renewing the deal Tuesday, unable to stomach the station also being home to Limbaugh's talk show..

Ken Charles, WIOD's director of AM programming, said Tuesday the station's talk show lineup has no relationship with its news coverage and that the county should focus on the benefits of teaming with the station.

Ritter's concerns were echoed by Commissioners Ken Keechl, a former president of the Dolphins gay Democratic club, and Suzanne Gunzburger, who served on the vote-tallying board that recounted the 2000 presidential election.
:rofl
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
Wow.  Ken Charles is/was an AM program director here as well.  Only conservative talk shows on his stations.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:52:14 PM »
Dang, I thought Rash Limbphat was irrelevant these days :confused:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:45:17 AM »
Hmm... Has someone violated Limbaugh's right to free speech?

I missed that part.
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:27:53 AM »
soooo... democrats would rather have people die than to take a chance that they may hear something that is not approved by them?   That the other side of the thing is so persuasive that it is too dangerous to be heard?

lazs

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
good for them.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »
good for who?   surely not the people who may die in a hurricane.

lazs

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 04:43:37 PM »
I don't know what this is all about, and I suspect I wouldn't care even if I knew. However there was one thing I noticed: Suzanne Gunzburger. Gunzburger ! If there is such a thing as an 'American name' then that one must be it! ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »
Their real problem is Limbaugh's audience is 22 million and growing. Newer polling methods are indicating it may be closer to 40 million. Wheather it's money or eligible voters EARS, this kind of garbage is all about NUMBERS.................

The fact that they tried this at all is a validation to how relevent Limbaugh is on the national political scean and how unable they are to sell their message or refute his message to the same audience and the growing numbers of new listeners.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:21:26 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
Their real problem is Limbaugh's audience is 22 million and growing. Newer polling methods are indicating it may be closer to 40 million.

Source?
sand

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:17:11 AM »
KNSI

Says, "His show was first nationally syndicated in August 1988, and as of 2005 (according to Arbitron ratings surveys) its audience was estimated at between 14 and 20 million listeners per week, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States."
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:24 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
KNSI

Says, "His show was first nationally syndicated in August 1988, and as of 2005 (according to Arbitron ratings surveys) its audience was estimated at between 14 and 20 million listeners per week, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States."

Ahem...

22 million and growing... closer to 40 million.

?
sand

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 12:51:04 AM »
Sandman,

Check his website. He cannot afford to lie since your ideolgical bretheren would be on it like racism on a republican klansman or christ on a bigot stick. He gave those numbers on his site today.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 12:53:12 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Ahem...

22 million and growing... closer to 40 million.

?

I just googled it and that's what I came up with...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!