Author Topic: 10 Second IQ Test  (Read 539 times)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
10 Second IQ Test
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »
Sorry if this is a repost, but it's worth sharing.

Read this for 10 seconds.

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now, how many "F"s are in the sentence?

If you know the correct answer, don't share it :D

Daniel

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »
I know the answer because I used "Edit", then "Cntl F" and began searching for the F's with the first word. :D  I didn't even have to read it, and it took 5 seconds to find the answer.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
Party crasher... :rofl

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »
Originally posted by CyranoAH
Party crasher... :rofl
:rofl :aok :t

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »
The choice of syntactical construct and all the words being in magistals is designed to take advantage of your brains overly heplfull tendancy to fill in what you are looking for even if its not there.

Don't read it, just count the occurences of the letter "F" and move on to the next question. Most of these IQ tests are separating the autopilot mode brains from the clever mode brains. IQ can be adjusted for whatever the tester is looking for.

I took a mensa IQ test once....the results came back 134. Woo Woo yippie flip....Then the nice person handed me a membership form which wanted me to also donate my hard earned money to be entitled to put Mensa on my personal corrispondence and other communications. I likie my monie much more than I need a test to tell I'm a clever monkie.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »
Count 'em backwards.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:44:22 PM »
That's weird.  Even after counting carefully several times I omitted the "f"'s in the word "of."  Just didn't see them.  At first, only came up with three f's.  Is there any scientific explanation for this?  Other than being stupid of course.  Why does the brain pass over these words?

Les

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
Originally posted by bustr

I took a mensa IQ test once....the results came back 134. Woo Woo yippie flip....Then the nice person handed me a membership form which wanted me to also donate my hard earned money to be entitled to put Mensa on my personal corrispondence and other communications. I likie my monie much more than I need a test to tell I'm a clever monkie.

Mensa membership requires a minimum of 150 IQ. A guy I worked for was a member....

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »
rip,

dont know what the minimum req was. it was in berkeley on university ave in 84. they had a small office about halfway between sacramento and shattuck. maybe they needed to pay the rent. by 85 the office was gone. low membership. UC Berkeley had IQ's falling out of trees. Maybe their membership quota was low.......:)  

The girl I was living with at the time gained membership when she was 14. She talked me into taking the test. It doesnt matter now, does it...that was almost 25 years ago. I'm too old and fat for anyone to be impressed. On the other hand it runs in the family. I have a nephew with an IQ in that range. Grumman picked him up out of college recently to work on electrical systems for submarines out by the chesapeake bay bridge in Maryland.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »
6 but who's counting.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
What a dork. I counted the first 'of' and totally disregarded the other two.:confused:
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
Try reading and counting the F other than this way.

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

RE-SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-IC <----the way it is constructed your brain hops past the OF as spacers. The dashes before and after along with placing the sentance in all magistals along with the colum block caused you to throw them away.  In addition the first 2 words start with F causing your brain to be biased to quickly finding F in that manner. Think about how you read that block colum. Did you scan it in one glance because it was compact enough to view that way. Or did you string it out into one long sentance and read it?

Finished files are the re-sults of years of scientif-ic study combined with the experience of years.

We have been conditioned to read and comprihend in the above magistal and miniscule construct pattern. The dashes caused your brain to try and create a word by recognising the form, the concept that if you are given words to read with the letters in the wrong order your brain will recognise the form and understand. Your brain drops all 3 OF as though they were invisible because the first 2 won't fit a recognition pattern in the block format. The whole block colum sentance became the pattern your brain tried to recognise.

Thats why I said not to read the sentence just count F and move on. You can be setup in this manner to fail subsiquent questions on an IQ test because your brain will be conditioned to not see things. IQ tests are suspect in the first place, one issue is human beings learn and process information in several different defined manners. The test can be tailored to find visual/tactile 150-IQ people while making an auditory/nemonic genius look average.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:45 AM »
A top 2% mark in any of these frequently used tests below qualifies you for entry to Mensa. The minimum test mark to get into Mensa is:

* Cattell III B - 148
    * Culture Fair - 132
    * Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
    * Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
    * Wechsler Scales - 132
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

Offline wooley

• Copper Member
10 Second IQ Test
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
A high IQ reveals as much about a person's intelligence level as a high rank reveals about their AH2 skill level.