Author Topic: I'm starting to see a trend  (Read 3324 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
I starting to see a trend
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 11:28:19 PM »
Ive talked to others about this and these are my feelings towards scenarios, or special events.

Due to SO many weekly events, the "special" feeling of a major event is diminished. Fly a large formation of the same aircraft? I can do that on any given night of the week. Yes it provides more access for the world to partake in, but overall its like event overload.

I do take part in many of the FSOs, and Snapshots, among others, but when a major event rolls around
it just doesnt pump me up like the days of AW did when we had the MA, and every few months a major event. That was all.

Im not saying I'd rather not see the other events, I'm just saying thats what effect they have on my interest level when it comes to major events.

As for the major events themselves, I would like to see less reliance on bases captures, and more on kills and bomber hit % on a target.
Bases dont have to change hands to make a fun event.

I have enjoyed the past few events Ive been in, but as far as trends are concerned, I'd like to see the next few designs geared more to air combat, high in the skies. And as some have stated, preferably with one life.

This is just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with it.

~AoM~

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »
As far as just having one life in an event I don't agree.  The event would never be able to go for 3 hours like this one does.  I like that the event last for 3 hours, I find it alot of fun and love that it goes for that long.  I can understand the not wanting the rule that if you bail over friendly territory and make it down safe you keep your life, but thats what the rule for this event is.  So I feel that if they made it to where you only got one life in the event it would be over for some(if not most) people within the first 30-45min and I think that would suck after all the planing and training we put into a scenario.  Like I said, I can understand wanting to get rid of the rule about bailing out safely and keeping your life, but to limit everybody to a single life would shorten the event significantly, just my opinion.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Snoopy I hope you are coming back..that was only to save time so we didnt have to juggle guys out of the 98th that was full, and the 47th needed guys. Make sure you fumigate that uniform..OoZ's guys have scabies.

FiLtH,
Well of course I'll be there. And SeaDog is back from his fishin' trip, too.
Cleaners could not get the bugs out of uniform. I was issued a new one.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 11:34:39 PM »
just to keep on point, ethan/Bearkats has been and exceptional pupil, has learned what we believe to be a CO status, he in our minds needs to XO an event, but to one that has the total CO concept in mind, if not ethan will have a far superior knowledge than his CO.

he still has a young thought process, but still with that understands what needs to be done.

And in the far future could be a force to be reckoned with,

with that said in as little as two weeks we have turned out a useful CO.
not quite ready, but better than most

oh and Newman, I don't get to hang with my family and eat dinner, I get online and stay on usually to 2am est which would be 11pm your time, which is plently of time to answer and gives me bout 4 hours of sleep,
so I go to bed disgruntled, and you get the time to spend with your better half and watch Leno, and maybe get lucky:aok
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:55:11 PM by doobs »
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 12:11:33 AM »
Nice signature doobs.
too long

:D

<---had a fly stuck in my throat.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 12:23:42 AM »
also our movitvation to help bearkats,  was to help the scenario continue and be fun for all and not go down the crapper like BOB.

We are not about winning and losing, we are about everybody enjoying the scenario and having a integral part to it.

And from time to time we question the rules to keep the scenario rolling at an even keel, just to keep everybody involved.

its about the fun and participation, not only about winning
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 05:59:30 PM »
Just got back from a week vacation, so catching up on some things here :)

Doobs, it was never Me, I had a great team, and frankly that team does some incredible work.  I'd love to put them up against you though :D

CO school has been a subject that Doobs and I discussed back during Op Downfall.  It's still a valid subject and a worthy effort.  If you guys are serious, then it may be timely.  Let's talk.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
LOL...Kermit has warts!

Nope. Sry filth, thats me.
<S>
Toad

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »
LOL thats right..toad have warts...frogs have herpes :P

~AoM~

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »
HB555 said

3. The practice.
Maybe not everyone has the time to conduct nightly practice runs, but a scheduled practice or two would certainly enable most to fly the planned mission once, if not twice.
In this area, ROC and Brooke are my 2 favorite CO's.

-------------

Dang - I thought I was your FAV CO ! I had no problem putting you through as many practices as you could take !

Off to sulk in a corner for a while . .

Jordi
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »
In this area, ROC and Brooke are my 2 favorite CO's.

This coming from my personal favorite CO means more than Mike can imagine.

EDIT

DOH   11 hours of driving and I thought Jordi wrote this!!!

Thanks HB555 lol  Jordi, in my opinion, is the Crown Jewel of Scenario CO's :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:02:15 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 11:16:55 PM »
Well then, it seems clear.

I(speaking for my team) challenge the team of ROC, Jordi and Brooke

we can throw the CM rule aside, we don't care and we know you wouldn't use it to your advantage anyway.

Let's go with PEARL, it's not ready, but it's new, to us anyway.

ya game?
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 07:06:26 AM »
I wanna be on ROC's Team!!!!
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 09:04:50 AM »
Once you kittens get done lickin eachother...I have to wax the floor here.

~AoM~

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure ROC has a CO team already. However, I'd like to be an observer of their command and be a GL again.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.