Author Topic: Do you remember your first kill?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline NateWolf

• Zinc Member
Do you remember your first kill?
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:35:34 AM »
I remember mine like it was yesterday, because it actually was yesterday. I was in the Blue LW Arena and I just took off in a P47D-40 if I remember right. About halfway between the two airfields the battle was taking place there was a furball, nothing really big, but it was a furball nonetheless. Well I pick out my target, a P38G. I swoop down and get right on its six about d1000. It slowly pulls into a vertical climb and I quickly pull up as quickly as I can hoping to catch him right in my sights. It worked. I got him right when he was about to stall. I opened fire with my 8 50 cals and blew his and left wing off, blew up his left engine, and I think I shot off his elevator too. Later in the fight after getting a couple assists and flying around with one aileron and leaking fuel. I had to RTB because I only had 1/8 fuel left, and on my way back I was shot down by a Spit. I was still happy that I recieved my first kill. I just hope to land one soon.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »
First time I flew in AH I took up a Yak, never pulled the trigger and landed five kills...lol.  I was spending too much time on trying to figure out what Check Six was.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »
My first ever kill was a major disappointment! I was in a B24, and had a few wingmen. We hit our target and were coming home at about 15k. Suddenly I hear ping ping ping. 'Oh crap, down I go again' So I pop into my tail end charlie. There he is. A niki. D400>. And he's closing. I just open fire and pinghim up badly. Suddenly he just breaks off and turns on to his back, and dives down! As he flips over, his wing seperates! I got the kill message after about 20 seconds! first kill was in a bomber! lol
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »
Mine were 2 in a JU88...believe it or not...I was flying with a mouse...and I took up some JU88s. I had gunned down a seafire, and I had gotten a proxy on a guy that died in field ack over a base...:noid
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline NateWolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:35:10 AM »
I also was flying with a mouse.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
my first was in a 109G14....

I heard wat the 30mm can do so i was 800 behind a spit...thats right 800 out... i started spraying till I saw him go BOOM.... I was left with 3 rounds of 30mm :D

I've been hooked ever since :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
Congrats Nate.  I cannot remember mine.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »
I remember mine from back in AW in 1996.  I shot the first moving airplane I saw, which was in front of me.  Problem was we were on the same team :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 12:20:03 PM »
I remember my first "real" kill. It was in the AvA (back when the AvA was worth flying, for me) and it was on FinRus. It involved a hurri2c and a 109. I think I was the 109 (with gondolas) and the hurri2 was fighting something else, bit of a multi-vs-multi furball over the island going on. I distinctly remember the hurr2c was roping somebody, straight up vertical and I had just the PERFECT shot into his belly, so close it was probably d400. I let a solid burst into his belly and BOOM he just exploded. The rest of it I don't remember, but I do remember that moment. It was a sense of elation.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:54:01 PM »
i believe my first kill was a P38 i shot down in a mosquito. He came behind and overtook me and i made swiss cheese of em at D200 with the .303s and 20mms.
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Makoyouidiot

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
I remember mine...It was on the Donut fightertown map, and I had just upped a yak-9t, because I thought, "Sweet! That's a huge gun!"

So I ended up chasing a P-51 down on the deck, and, spraying all over the place, I managed to put a shell through his canopy. Looked down, and saw CAN 0 in my counter, said "Freaking sweet!" At which point, a spixteen nailed me from behind. I was totally hooked! :)
Formerly known as Mako15, MakoShrk, and MattiasK, now flying as Matty, on long term leave.

"It's MAKO, you IDIOT!"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »
My first kill(s) happened in a B-17 about seven hours into the trial(addicted after the first 5 min. btw).  I was cruising @ about 27k (thinking I was safe) when I happened upon a set of lancs about 3k above me.  I knew that they didn't have belly guns, so I pulled up until I thought I was in range and jumped into the top gun.  I managed to kill all 3!  As I jumped up and celebrated (my wife asking me if I was O.K.), I heard what I thought was a jet....  My wife says "is that a jet?  Did they even have jets in WWII?"  ..........  I think the guy in the 262 took about 10 seconds   :o  Fun, but short lived!!  

Never forget the first time you broke your cherry!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 01:53:56 PM »
I don't remember my 1st kill but the 1st kill I can remember was Funked in a almost HO shot and the following channel 1 debate we had after (all in good spirit ... )

it was the time were 40 people in the whole arena happened only on sunday :)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »
my first kill was in War Birds.  It was some dude who's name was "Hurr".  i saw him flying everytime i flew over the enemy's base in a Focke Wulf.   i finally was able to make a high speed dive on him, blow him to pieces, and go into a black out auto climb, regaining conciousness at 9k.    i was so happy.

soon after, i found out that my victim's name wasn't "Hurr" - it was his aircraft's name, a Hawker Hurricane.  :D

i can't remember my first kill in AH, but i know that it occurred a couple years later, in March, 2000.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
my first kill was in War Birds.  It was some dude who's name was "Hurr".  i saw him flying everytime i flew over the enemy's base in a Focke Wulf.   i finally was able to make a high speed dive on him, blow him to pieces, and go into a black out auto climb, regaining conciousness at 9k.    i was so happy.

soon after, i found out that my victim's name wasn't "Hurr" - it was his aircraft's name, a Hawker Hurricane.  :D

i can't remember my first kill in AH, but i know that it occurred a couple years later, in March, 2000.

My first kill was in a panzer. :aok
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station