Author Topic: CMs meet the Skinners  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »
But you get Hajo's point right?

His point is valid.  It adds to the experience.  Sure there will be individuals who for FR reasons cant do it, but that should be the exception not the rule.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 03:37:33 PM »
I don't think one skin would cause the total destruction of frame rate.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »
they dont have to use skins and its not a mandatory ..its just nice addition to the reality factor .

we know some guys on dial up and low end pc's dont have that luxury.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »
O I get his reason and I'm fine with it. I was just asking what if guys cant do it? Do you still punish them? Hajo its not the one skin they DL that kills their FR its everyones skins around them that kills the FR for them.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
Husky that being understood the culprits usually aren't the ones who have to disable skins.  It's the ones who have them enabled and choose to use the skin of their choice.  That is my peave.

IMHO Scenarios are designed by these fine people to raise the level of immersion as well as get the Community TOGETHER.  Now....I will not plunk anyone in the butt if they are unable to enable skins....however those who refuse to use the proper skin will be in my pipper. :aok

To me it just exhibits a lack of repect....and placing the individual in front of the whole.  Guess when you get older you will understand.

You did a terrific job on Husky I was duly impressed.

Wise man said:  "With age comes wisdom, with wisdom comes sorrow."

You will understand that at some point in time.  Priorities will change because as we live....hopefully we learn  
 ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
Thats Fine I agree, if you can use skins you should all use the same one. I was making sure you didn't plan on punishing those who couldn't was all.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »
oh charamdl,dkd,fkllfjhdhggvdbjdskmllp,fas;']/dwhbftc

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
they dont have to use skins and its not a mandatory ..its just nice addition to the reality factor .

I agree. It's nice. I don't think using unhistorical skins should be grounds for being shot by your CO, nor do I think you should be ejected if you don't pick the same skin as everybody else (although I do admit that's very poor sportsmanship).

Skins should not be taken seriously. They are icing on the cake. The cake itself is the structure, the takeoffs, the form-ups, the contacts, the combat, the patrolling... The game PLAY trumps the game GRAPHICS. This has always been the earmark of a truly fun game. IMO skins are not a deal breaker.

P.S. In OpHusky somebody asked me what would be the most appropriate skins to use....

Only the C205 had an appropriate skin, and only 2 skins (1 of them default). No Ju88 skins, no 190a5 skins, no 109g2 skins, no ju87 skins, no 109g6 skins. None of them fit that time frame and theater. Some were geographically close, but just not applicable (desert 109F skin is MTO, but was used in N. Africa, not Malta) In that case, what choice do you have?

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »
Originally posted by 64kills
oh charamdl,dkd,fkllfjhdhggvdbjdskmllp,fas;']/dwhbftc

You should never post again.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 06:08:09 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

Only the C205 had an appropriate skin, and only 2 skins (1 of them default). No Ju88 skins, no 190a5 skins, no 109g2 skins, no ju87 skins, no 109g6 skins. None of them fit that time frame and theater. Some were geographically close, but just not applicable (desert 109F skin is MTO, but was used in N. Africa, not Malta) In that case, what choice do you have?

And that was the fault of the design team for not engaging the skinners in getting them what they needed.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »
(As if Skuzzy doesn't have anything to do :) ) That's another pro for replacing default skins in SE only maps- everyone can run the "correct" skin, and not have to worry about thrashing their PC or DLing this skin and that skin etc.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
CMs meet the Skinners
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 06:06:30 AM »
Actually the only plane skins which are full up are the P-51s and the P-38J for this scenario and the P-47D11.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.