Author Topic: here's that film  (Read 1062 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »
of the luftwaffe attacking like I said, mostly from high 6 with a ton of speed.  There are at least 2 HO passes, but mostly they are coming in on 6, hitting tail gunner first, then ruddering from side to side to hit all engines.  One of the 110's  was actually one helluva shot as he went from each engine on the bomber making sure he put a tater in each one.  Also they have 190's killing a pony, a lightning, and an La5!  
Here's the link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8oA9zy-qtxA

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
here's that film
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »
THe opening footage where it showed the 190 going Head on with the liberator looked painful...The cockpit of the liberator was filled with cannon shells..there had to be at least 1 casuaty in there..
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »
I cant stream video. Can one of you send me a downloadable link in my PMs.?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Hamfist

• Zinc Member
here's that film
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
THe opening footage where it showed the 190 going Head on with the liberator looked painful...The cockpit of the liberator was filled with cannon shells..there had to be at least 1 casuaty in there..

That was an amazing shot. It is interesting watching this video. Because most of us are from the US, we are always shown footage of our pilots shooting down german and japanese planes. This short video was different to watch because it is opposite to anything we are usually shown.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
footage
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Sobering like all gun camera footage.  Thanks for posting.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
here's that film
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
Painful to watch regardless of who filmed it cause someone is more then likely really dying in those shots.

I did note however that despite LW protests about the AKAKosphere 38s, that it was the LW birds trying to pick the low alt 38s and that the 38s cut inside the turn and the pickers missed!

In the AH world I can kinda relate:)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
here's that film
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
thx for posting. i agree with hamfist in that i had never seen footage from the german perspective.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Painful to watch regardless of who filmed it cause someone is more then likely really dying in those shots.

I did note however that despite LW protests about the AKAKosphere 38s, that it was the LW birds trying to pick the low alt 38s and that the 38s cut inside the turn and the pickers missed!

In the AH world I can kinda relate:)

Yeah Dan, I was thinking about how people say, good pilots never got low on the deck, but many of the fights ended there!  It was a nice manuver, seeing as how the FW was going to fast to pull up in that direction without snaprolling into those fields! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
here's that film
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 04:14:39 PM »
to all the guys no matter what side they were on, whom served and gave their lives for their country.

as a side note..

Real life seems to be missing all that bomber lazer ack we have here in AH. Try sitting behind a bomber here in AH and see how long that luftwaffe lasts.
"strafing"

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
here's that film
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 04:47:12 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
to all the guys no matter what side they were on, whom served and gave their lives for their country.

as a side note..

Real life seems to be missing all that bomber lazer ack we have here in AH. Try sitting behind a bomber here in AH and see how long that luftwaffe lasts.

1st ping relieves you of engine or engine oil every time.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »

I second this,

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
here's that film
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

as a side note..

If you look close, you can see on many of the tail shots that the ball turret guns are pointed down.  That generally means the gunner has been told to get out of the turret as they are abandoning the aircraft.

Chances are the tail gunner is headed for the hatch if he isn't already dead from an earlier pass.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
here's that film
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 05:14:15 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
If you look close, you can see on many of the tail shots that the ball turret guns are pointed down.  That generally means the gunner has been told to get out of the turret as they are abandoning the aircraft.

Chances are the tail gunner is headed for the hatch if he isn't already dead from an earlier pass.

Usually when LW planes used to saddled up on bombers like that it was either because of 2 things:

Because the tail gunner had already bailed or because he was alredy dead.

An immobolized rear gun meant open season on a bombers tail section.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 01:43:20 AM »
If you notice a clip at the end a B17's gear starts to lower as a me110 rakes it with cannon.That meant the 110 just shot out the hydraulics.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
here's that film
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 01:52:39 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
If you notice a clip at the end a B17's gear starts to lower as a me110 rakes it with cannon.That meant the 110 just shot out the hydraulics.

Maybe it was the sign for "surrender"
:D

:noid

:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.