Author Topic: P.s.a.m  (Read 1649 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
P.s.a.m
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
P.S.A.M - Please Shoot At Me

is a squad in the training arena dedicated to being target drones for those wanting to practice gunnery.

just a heads up to all the newer guys out there, if you look on the roster and see a PSAM member online feel free to shoot at them without warning, something you must not do to other people learning without permission.
so please shoot at us if you see us, and ask any questions you like.

for further info on psam please contact either Lengro or myself in the Training Arena.

bat
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
P.s.a.m
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:47:45 PM »
dude.......WTFG!!!!!!! a lot of us could use something like that.........dspecially if you refuse to make it easy:aok :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:44:15 AM »
Hey bat, can I join that squad?  I have been thinking about helping out in the TA, that might be one way to do it...

p.s.  Say hey to zip for me...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:33:39 AM »
This is awesome, should be MUCH better than the lead adjusted gun site I try to learn with (it's not working so great :(  ) Now if only you guys won't talk bad about me because of my pitiful gunnery :)

Thanks for starting something I bet will be very popular with us noobs.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
Hey bat, can I join that squad?  I have been thinking about helping out in the TA, that might be one way to do it...

p.s.  Say hey to zip for me...

sure thing man, give any memeber a shout online and you can ge an invite.

only rules are to be respectfull to all gamers, and try to help out new guys.

you' be most welcome Scca, and i'll tell zip you said hi!

hope to see you all soon, but remember, PSAM wil shoot back at ya if they want to :D

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
P.s.a.m
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
Nice idea Batfink, there's only so far that you can go using drones.  I'll give the other trainers a head's up so they know what's going on.  

Also, for those interested, trainer's would usually be happy to provide the same service if you ask and if they're not otherwise engaged.  Being the target is good for the soul and toughens the skin (and ego)...:aok
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »
I love this idea BatfinkV!  I've been taking folks who ask to the DA, doing about the same thing.  I would really like to join your squad in the TA as well if it's not a problem...

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
P.s.a.m
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 12:57:27 PM »
I wouldnt mind being a target, Might help my own acm. Starting to get my reversals working consistantly now.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
sure thing man, give any memeber a shout online and you can ge an invite.

only rules are to be respectfull to all gamers, and try to help out new guys.

you' be most welcome Scca, and i'll tell zip you said hi!

hope to see you all soon, but remember, PSAM wil shoot back at ya if they want to :D
I am "usually" respectful.  Although some smack talking is part of the game :)

If you come up with a training plan let me know.  Start with small turns moving to over the nose lead shots etc...   Heck, I might want to be a student :aok
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 03:54:14 PM »
no problem at all MTN, 4deck.
there are no training plans, just be a target drone and assist those that might swamp the official trainers on a busy night. most of all, have fun with other psam members shooting each other. this isnt a recruiting thread, just a heads up to the training comunity.

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »
I wouldn't mind.  I could use the practice of actually being the one shot at,  I'll join.

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »
As a noob to this game, I would like to truely thank you guys for taking the time and effort to help new players like myself.  My previous game community just shunned new blood and I think that it had a lot to do with it's demise (I can blame myself for that as well, being one of the vets).  Although I always was nice and helpful (abbreviated help), I could have spent a lot more time helping new players get the hang of it.  This concept you came up with to train is also useful to you vets in a way as well and hopefully I can reciprocate with other noobs when I become better.

Anyways Kudos and I hope to see you guys in the TA!

Kami

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
What Kami said....thanks fella's.....(it'll be the closest I'll ever to shooting you down...ho hum)...

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »
Excellent idea!

Count me in, I'll be on the look out for you in the TA. I love getting shot at, it means I can shoot back :t
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
P.s.a.m
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »
Great Idea BatfinkV and Lengro.

Looks like you are getting quality people to join and help WTG:aok
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF