Author Topic: squeaker?  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
squeaker?
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
by posting this thread I am accepting the fact that I may be bashed harshly...

I am 12 years old.  I'm polite, and rarely ever use vox.  when I do I'm usually replying to somebody or giving a check six with my vocal cords!  :rolleyes:

I've been playing for I'd say... about a year and a half.  I'm an OKAY pilot.  

In my year and a half of flying Aces High... never have I been dissed or accused of anything.  I've been given' compliments about my behavior (good behavior)  

I don't repeat anything I say over Vox unless that person didn't hear my correctly.  I fly in groups.  I'm that pilot you see in the very middle of a large formation.  I'll be that one that flies above the whole group and diving in on the idle enemies.  

I have never stolen a kill, never insulted any body... never repeated what I've said (except for if they didn't understand me) And I'm also VERY polite.  

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... I don't have a high ear piercing squeaky voice.  

So I have a question, am I a squeaker?  Am I a "squeaker" that isn't the every day squeaker you see in the MA?  And do you think I would be fun to fly with?  

Just a question... I know I'll probably get bashed (for the first time) on these forums.  But I just want to know out of curiosity...

Let the flaming begin!  :p
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
squeaker?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:17:20 PM »
Were you looking to join a Squeaker squad ???  and or feeling left out ??
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
squeaker?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »
OOgly

You are one of the few.

IGNORE the remarks.

YOU will MAKE IT THROUGH because you have HEART!

Good Luck my young Bro!!

68ROX

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
squeaker?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »
Nope you are not a squeaker, you are ALRIGHT! :aok

Squeakers = ones who bust everyone's eardrums on range vox
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
squeaker?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »
Squeekers are the ones that put out on vox any random thought that pops up in their prepubescent minds.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
squeaker?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Squeekers are the ones that put out on vox any random thought that pops up in their prepubescent minds.

Hey guys, I just got back from wal mart and I bought a set of golf clubs and a fishing rod. When was the time you last went to wal mart?

like this?

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
squeaker?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »
Originally posted by trax1

That is perhaps the best description yet. :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
squeaker?
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
:)

thanks guys for the comments.  I feel like I have alot of potential to be great.  

Thanks 68Rox for the compliment.  

Look forward to seeing me in the MA... I usually fly nits on Orange or blue arena's... (mostly orange)

now if I can only get my stupid computer from lagging out... I think I've had 24 discoes in these past 4 days than ever before...

Dad sais a new computer is not an option because we can't afford one... I think he's just greedy... :furious :noid
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
squeaker?
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
Oogly, I've flown with you a few times. You've cleared my six a few times if I remember correctly. I never knew you were that young.  All I can say is your alright.

I don't think anyone who has flown with you or reads this thread can call you a squeaker.

By the way, great job on the initial post. Your grammer and grasp of the English language is better than most adults I know. :aok :aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
squeaker?
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
I am i a SQUEEKER ?

(hides):noid

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
squeaker?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
Oogly it sounds like you're on the right track.

Keep in mind, Aces High has a lot of "squeakers" who are in their 20's, 30's...+

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
squeaker?
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
:)

thanks guys for the comments.  I feel like I have alot of potential to be great.  

now if I can only get my stupid computer from lagging out... I think I've had 24 discoes in these past 4 days than ever before...

Yesterday was really bad for intardnet ..I couldn't even log in , nor could i keep a ping to any arena .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
squeaker?
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
"Squeaker" is a general term, with several connotations, but does not really pertain to your age as a determining factor.  Age is not really of good measuring stick for many qualities in people, especially in online gaming.

trax1     "Squeakers are the ones that put out on vox any random thought that pops up in their prepubescent minds." Is a good one.  I've often had to squelch a new player that insisted on giving a play by play over local or range VOX.  I mean they talk about everybloodything --- and my coming from an U.S. Army/Guard/and Reserve background where radio discipline has always been a big deal, it can be incredibly, mind boggling, annoying.

Speaking with the mic directly in front and far too close to one's mouth causes additional problems, as does feedback through the mic from the 6-speaker system and subwoofer the computer is pumping out, or other mis-calibrated audio settings  = "squeaker" to some.

I've often had to instruct new players on radio channel use in Help Channel...  I consider the "squeakers" those that don't see me texting or PMing them to try and teach them about the in-game text radio, and they continue to post to Help Channel on and on blissfully unawares of what they are doing wrong.

With the advertising HTC has been doing on shows like "Dogfights", the free two week trial period, and most schools and colleges out for the summer.... the war arenas have become "squeaker season", many young and new players with lot's of time to be online.  This also seems to have resulted in more instances of tower squatting by many more AFK players, especially in countries close to a reset and attracting many country-jumping players thinking they will be able to collect perk points at reset.   Many of these probably come under some folk's definition of "squeaker".  

Welcome to the forums.  Remember to wear your asbestos undies like Mum always told you to.

Offline ForrestS

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/link850
squeaker?
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
OOgly

You are one of the few.

IGNORE the remarks.

YOU will MAKE IT THROUGH because you have HEART!

Good Luck my young Bro!!

68ROX

Im just like him
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:28:47 PM by ForrestS »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
squeaker?
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
your forgot the Upping buffs from a vulched base and screaming for a gunner .

or uppin 400 miles from a target and yelling  for a gunner, followed by "OK what needs hit and where"  ...  i'll be there in 5 mins .

And then we have "General" squeakers that have to command the war to go to such and such base ... and if you dont your not a team player ... (the whole while they've tagged a uncapturable base as the object that needs taken right now.   (written in Caps of course ) :D
Roscoroo ,