Author Topic: River Fork (In Progress)  (Read 1847 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 01:46:19 AM »
Here's a question; is there an object that would work as a TT city already in the TE? If I used any of the factory tiles, they'd have to be "customized" to get rid of the AA guns, yet there's a TT map already. Is that one exception to "customized" tiles on an MA map?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 03:37:26 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Here's a question; is there an object that would work as a TT city already in the TE? If I used any of the factory tiles, they'd have to be "customized" to get rid of the AA guns, yet there's a TT map already. Is that one exception to "customized" tiles on an MA map?

Yes.. Its called city lol:aok
Das Muppets

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 06:06:59 AM »
Yes, and it's called ttown0 NOT city.

You don't need to modify anything.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 01:57:13 PM »
Thanks NHawk. Can't believe I didn't think of that. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 11:18:03 PM »
One more question that a search yielded too many results to sort; If I place a Port centered in a grid, the ground underneath the docks remains and is solid. Trying to move it around makes it look horrible or doesn't work. What's the correct procedure for actually placing ports these days?

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 11:54:15 PM »
One more question that a search yielded too many results to sort; If I place a Port centered in a grid, the ground underneath the docks remains and is solid. Trying to move it around makes it look horrible or doesn't work. What's the correct procedure for actually placing ports these days?

I don't quite understand what your saying.. You don't set ports on land you set them on water connected to land. Then you select it all and rotate it.
Das Muppets

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »
The more I read this thread the more I get this overwhelming feeling of "Uh-Oh!".

Ooz...since you have some bases placed already, build the terrain and fly it offline. See if it's what you intended it to be.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »
:lol  I get that feeling a lot in this forum.

Still, like you, I try to be helpful without discouraging anyone and sometimes that's hard to do.

One thing I notice is the comparative width of the fronts. As drawn, the SE front is only two bases wide (75 miles) while the other two fronts are up to 4 bases wide (150 miles.) I think you'll gain a lot of experience working on this but don't become married to it, keep your options open, and don't be afraid to start more then one at the same time.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 05:29:18 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Ooz...since you have some bases placed already, build the terrain and fly it offline. See if it's what you intended it to be.

I have been. Frequently. Though it's a little smoother than I'd hoped, I like it.

I only have about five of sixty fields left to place. Then spawn points. I need to learn how to manually do a road for one base and widen out the northern canal. Then, theoretically, I should be done. Never works that way, though. ;)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
I think you'll gain a lot of experience working on this but don't become married to it, keep your options open, and don't be afraid to start more then one at the same time.

I'm just going to go all the way through one before I branch, to catch all the sticking points is all.

EDIT: As to the SE front, I may add another small field that's about ready to fall off the map. The GV spawns in that area are also to be slightly leaning toward an advantage for the southern country.

EDIT2: I forgot to ask. I saw a while ago in an update that CVs no longer need maprooms. True?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:40:04 PM by OOZ662 »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
River Fork (In Progress)
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
EDIT2: I forgot to ask. I saw a while ago in an update that CVs no longer need maprooms. True?
No, CVs still need maprooms. They just don't show as yellow dots in the terrain anymore. And make sure you set it for No Collide, otherwise you can capture with 20mm. :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001