Author Topic: New to Forums  (Read 721 times)

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
      • http://712th.com
New to Forums
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
Hi,  I am new and I have a few quick questions for anyone that can help.

What are the costs associated with playing this game?

Can someone give me a quick brief of the game?  ie: flight sim only....

Thanks!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
New to Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »
Read Game Info here

Read FAQs here

:aok
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:31:49 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »
Basically, a $35 joystick and your $15 monthly subscription are your only costs.

Those of us who've been really sucked into the addiction, have spent hundreds of dollars on Joystick set-ups. Hard core addicts will upgrade computers, video/sound cards every year or so.

For me, $500 @ year more than covers it.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »
Hmmm 14.95 a month

the game, fly around shoot people down, bomb ground vehicles, wife or girl friend tells you get off the computer...ignore her...fly and die some more.  Wife/GF says "I am going to stay with mother"...Jump into a tank drive around and shoot buildings and other tanks...Realize you have been playing for 24 hrs straight...and Wife/GF hasn't come home yet.  Plug computer into surround sound.  Police department shows up and says turn down the stero.  Wife/GF shows back up with friends to help her move.  Ah play in peace and quite.  Its addicting, and its all to great, if you have a love for the WWII gen planes, and you love to kill things.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Basically, a $35 joystick and your $15 monthly subscription are your only costs.

Those of us who've been really sucked into the addiction, have spent hundreds of dollars on Joystick set-ups. Hard core addicts will upgrade computers, video/sound cards every year or so.

Oh know, I've been sucked in.  Bought a new Dell with 22in monitor so I could play.:huh Total cost for 2007:  2387.99
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
Originally posted by Max

You forgot the very important MINI fridge. :D

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: New to Forums
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
Originally posted by Black-Cat

Can someone give me a quick brief of the game?  ie: flight sim only....

Thanks!

The game is based on WWII aircraft...American, British, German, Japanese, Russian & Italian. The flight model & ammo ballistics are based on real data and numbers. Ammo and fuel load-outs determine weight and weight variances will determine flight characteristics.

The Main Arenas are divided amongst 3 countries...Bishops, Knights & Rooks. By reducing the number of any one countries airfields and vehicle bases down to a set percentage, the country with the most remaining airfields/vehicle bases wins the "war" Perk points are awarded to the winning country players, who are online at such time the war is won. Perk pts are used to "purchase" certain aircraft.

Some players simply "fly" for the thrill of air to air combat. Others group up to launch missions whereby bases are conquered. Each group reviles the other :D

It's a great game with many old timers and many new players who come and go. There's a rather steep learning curve to conquer though many folks are more than eager to lend a hand to newbies. There's also a Training Arena populated by Training Corps volunteers who will get you up to speed in short order.

Welcome aboard!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
New to Forums
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
You forgot the very important MINI fridge. :D

.............and one of Goaly`s ultimate accessories. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
New to Forums
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 11:53:08 AM »
LOL!  Thanks Guys.  

5PointOh - You hit the nail right on the head....... my wife complains about my addiction to AA right now, and my all night sessions and scrims.  She has actually pulled the leaving card before...LMAO!  But she never left:(  I am still trying to keep the kids off my gaming CP though.... they keep breaking things.

Sounds cool, I have not found a good flight sim in years.  I have the complete flight system (5 button throttle, 8 button Joystick, rudders all programable), ATI, AMD 3700, 1 gig RAM, etc.. havn't updated for around 1.5 yrs though....I need to...

The monthly payments go to the dsn. mfg. firm?  What about hosting servers etc?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »

The monthly payments go to the dsn. mfg. firm?  What about hosting servers etc?

Your monthly subscription is paid to Hitech Creations...the developers. HTC provides and maintains the servers. As long as you have a dial-up or better internet connections, you're good to go.

Your computer and joystick specs are more than adequate.

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
New to Forums
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Dial UP!!!  OMG, I would rather shoot myself if I had to go back to that....

No I got DSL 7 MB down 768K upload.

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
New to Forums
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »
Do Squads host servers?  Or is it all corporate based?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
New to Forums
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »
Do Squads host servers?  Or is it all corporate based?

Everybody uses HTCs servers.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »
I think they still give a two week free trial.  And please don't choose a zip code as your game ID.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »
i think what there missing up on the gameID part is when they pick an id for login they think its their online ID that everyone will see then when HTC pops up that window before you goto an arena they think thats the password
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey