Author Topic: New to Forums  (Read 723 times)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
New to Forums
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »
hi black cat, welcome to AH.

for starters, the game is a free download from the HTC website itself. you get a two week free trial with no credit card info or any important details, so you can just jump in and see how you like it. most of us play on HTC's online arenas, which can hold hundreds of people. it is also possible to host your own 8 player room in the free multiplayer mode (which is always free, even after the free 2 week trial ends, but is limited by the low arena numbers, and a lot of the young kids with no CC hang out there).

the game itself is quite simply the best flight sim out there. the graphics aren't quite as good as the IL2 series, but are always being updated, new planes and things added etc. the graphics aren't BAD though.

the flight model is unequalled, it's all made to be as accurate as possible. the gunnery and physics models are also top notch.

it's not as pretty as some game, but the gameplay is the best in any flightsim, civil or combat.

good luck! it's a fun game and you've got nothing to lose/pay for to download and even play it for 2 weeks. only cost is the $15 a month subscription, which is for the HTC maintained large online servers. free multiplayer (8 player head to head mode) as well as offline play are always free.

and again, welcome to the addiction :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
      • http://712th.com
New to Forums
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 01:44:48 PM »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, and the info.  I am currently a founder of an Americas Army Clan that participates in TWL tournaments so time might be limited and I will have to schedule some time to get the full amount out of the 2 wks to make my decision (AA Servers are expensive).  I have found online group gaming to be very rewarding and relaxing, and I love filght sims.  

My Fav. used to be Secret Weapons of the Luthwaffe when they added that expansion pack to.....hell I can't remeber the actual game name but you probably know the one I am talking about.  Last flight sims I played though were Heli ones like Longbow, Comanche...etc.  But I miss the WWII fighters.

Hope to see a few of you guys in the sky soon.

PS- What voice overlay is the most popular?  TS2, Ventrillo, .... any X-fire users?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 01:47:04 PM »
lol yup the good ole days teamspeak you dont need that anymore black cat this sim game you can talk to everyone while in the game with out teamspeak
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New to Forums
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »
AH has built in VOX that works pritty darn good ... (providing a firewall or AV program doesnt mess yours up)

alot of us use TS for meetings and planning sessions .

"Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe"    tee hee your in for a suprise ... AH is a full on realism type flight model . but without the il2 nit picking temp,overspeed ,trim ,ect stuff you have to manage the whole time .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Black-Cat

• Zinc Member
      • http://712th.com
New to Forums
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 02:21:28 PM »
Sorry I forgot I got Janes WWII also.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
Originally posted by Black-Cat
Sorry I forgot I got Janes WWII also.

That was a pretty cool box sim back in its day.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
New to Forums
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »
yup, AH has a very capable built in vox system. you press f12 to speak to those within a 10k range of you, and the t key to talk to those on your tunable voice radio channel (there are also 4 other radio stacks which can be tuned to many channels for private or public text comms)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
New to Forums
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
Originally posted by Black-Cat
Dial UP!!!  OMG, I would rather shoot myself if I had to go back to that....

No I got DSL 7 MB down 768K upload.
I had no complaints of lag, nor any problem shooting down folks while Dial Up.    I do enjoy DSL though.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
Get a lawyer....make sure your affairs are in order....and DO NOT let your son fly or it will be a constant battle for fliying time.

Tell the wife she can have 6 nigts a wekk out with the girls.

Pay to have the yard mowed.

IF you park the cars in a garage.....make sure you leave em out when it rains as that will be all the washing they'll see for a WHILE.

ANd last but not least....when you answer your wife wife with rgr....or EVER tell her to check 6 after she ate some ice cream.....DO NOT eat anything she brings you or drink anything....until you have bought her SOMETHING to make up for it.

Good Luck and welcome to Crack with wings and bullets.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
New to Forums
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
Just give wife/ GF Credit Card. She'll go shopping and peace at last!
                                                            Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New to Forums
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »
no get your old lady her "own " pc .... point to runescape or second life ...Viola

Wife ack Deterred  ... but you may starve alot more .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 02:53:55 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
You forgot the very important MINI fridge. :D

Good idea! I should get one for me & TxDad! ;)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
New to Forums
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 08:03:41 AM »

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
New to Forums
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 08:05:49 AM »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
New to Forums
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 08:09:55 AM »
64kils when you post a pic copy the URL and paste it. Then type "" behind it.

If you cant figure it out after that then just give up and stop posting.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner