Author Topic: Sailing  (Read 683 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »
I don't know if this is in the wrong section but...    you can MOVE it!

Anyway, today I had sailing school.  It was our last day of a 2 week class where the boys... remain boys  And the girls... are girls

So, The day started out simple.  At 9:30 my sister and her class did a "balloon regatta"  where the instructors threw out baloons into the lake and the sailors had to pick them up while sailing.  The winner would be the person with the most balls in the boat.  

My sister came in 4th place out of 8... so I don't think it was TOO bad.  

I bet you're wondering how I did.  Well, I was in a RACING regatta (basically a grand prix)  I won the 1st race with flying colors... with This 9 year old kid [Inamed Donnel in second.   This pic shows me in the lead.

The second race donnel's possessed mutant boat won the race for him... for some reason it could head directly up wind (something sailboats can't do without stopping.)     suspicious...    Anyway I came in 4th with a photo finish.  Me and my girlfriend's sister were neck and neck and then my sail finally stole her wind and she was left there for 5 seconds with no wind at all while I crossed the finish line.  

The last race Donell won and I came in second.  All in all, He won the grand prix and I won second place in the grand prix.  I won a pretty red ribbon.  donell won a pretty BLUE ribbon and a totally awesome silver trophy.

Here's my girlfriend...    She won the Most Outstanding sailor award shown in THIS picture right here.  

there WAS an accident in the 2nd race that made me lose... a 3 way collision.  

and here's a picture of me when I was young... my dog was trying to get in the boat (he freaks out whenever I go in a kiyak or small boat and leave him...)  This time he decided to swim for me... I ended up letting him sail but he didn't like that... You just CAN'T satisfy a dog.  

And last but NOT LEAST!  A thurough picture of me holding a piece of paper that told me whether I passed or not... (TOTTALY unimportant)  Btw... I passed.  
And yes... I had fun.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:51:30 PM by Oogly50 »
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »
help!  My pictures turned into links!  I want pictures... not links!  Links are for squares!  :O

Please?

EDIT: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:52:21 PM by Oogly50 »
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »
You want something like this??

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:28:33 PM by Hornet33 »
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »
yes please :(

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »
I've found the best way is to open the picture then right click on it, go to properties and then copy the link from there. Then hit the IMG button in the post you want to make and copy the URL into it.

Easy

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:31:46 PM »
Interesting...  I'll try it... you can take those pic's off now.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
Uh why??? By the way good job on the GF. She's cute, and for all the other perverts.....no I'm NOT interested, I'm 35 years old for Christs sake.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:59 PM »
DONE!  All fixed... :p

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Sailing
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »
hehe, good job oogly :)

my dog does exactly the same thing when i get in a boat. he's more natural in the water than out now rofl. i've had him follow me around in the water for more than an hour :rofl

how old are you, and when do you get to race the big babies? my dad and i managed to pick up a banged up old osprey for £300 many years ago, and after a lot of hard work she's on top racing form. i overtake powerboats with a good wind and the spinnaker out :D

oh the days of the floating bathtub oppies, i'm getting old...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 09:10:52 PM »
I think I have another year in racing class and then I get to sail lazers...

I'm 12

My instructor and the Lady who runs sailing reccomended me to sail lazers to a family who doesn't let ANYBODY sail their boats...

Not even the SAILING club.. and they're letting ME sail on them and compete against 50 other people in lake-wide races... :D :D :D   It's a great honor... Even though I've never sailed lazer's before..

Sailed a butterfly once, and i have a sun-fish I take out every weekend...  But never lazers

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Sailing
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »
it does indeed look like fun... enjoy life !!=):aok

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »
okay.... :(  

But I"ll do it through computer!  (occasionally see some sun here and there)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 01:21:36 AM »
Get yourself on a Hobie Cat. The most fun I've EVER had sailing was on a 16ft Hobie. When you get one of those up on one pontoon and your flying it.....OMG that is the sailing rush right there!!!!!!!! Standing on the SIDE of the up wind pontoon and your flying through the air with the lines in one hand and the tiller in the other is such a rush. Single hull boats never have the same effect after that.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Sailing
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 02:42:35 AM »
Looks like fun.  I think I'd spend more time doing that and less time playing AHII.

When I was younger my roomate had a Phantom (a little bigger than a Sunfish) that we sailed on Lake Harriet in Minneapolis almost every day.

Then a few years later my best friend had a 32 footer on Lake Superior moored in Bayfield Wisconson.  That was pretty fun for a single hull boat :)

Last summer I was out on Lake Minnetonka, just west of Minneaplolis and there was a regatta going on... I lost count of the sails on the horizon at somewhare over 100... it was a beautiful sight.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Sailing
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 03:26:36 AM »
I was REALLY in to sailing a few years ago. Started in little blue Toppers, then moved into El Toros, Prams similar to those you were sailing, and two years ago moved into Olympic-Class Lasers. I even bought my own factory-fresh Laser. Out here in Hawaii, there is almost nowhere better for sailing! Lazers are great, but as im really busy with flight training, if you want to buy a practically new laser, shoot me a PM. I dont really have time to use mine much more, and it'd be better off going to someone who will enjoy it.