Author Topic: With the end of a very thin small branch.  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Troy21

• Zinc Member
      • http://viajerosvirtuales.blogia.com
With the end of a very thin small branch.
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »
Now that is as much spoken about the global heating and to protect the atmosphere and to take care of the planet, HTC would have to export the trees that use in their Arenas. They are ever green and they are always so robust, but really so robust, that they can stop in dry, with the end of the thinnest small branch, the advance of a powerful Panzer of more than 30 tons of weight.

In the real Nature, it could be fantastic. In AH it is a true annoyance, because while you change of vista to put reverse, the tank that you looked for, in the middle of the forest, kills to you of a single shot (although you bring a Tiger) and you remain thinking about that those trees would have to be a little more real.

Simple, a thin one, simple small branch of tree...

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »
Not sure if u have to have a certain IQ to understand what this guy wrote?

Am I the only one so confused that I want to run away from this thread and find a new Leash on life??

Offline froger

• Silver Member
understand>>?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:26:46 PM »
Yo warlock...im not to sure i understand it as well
 but our AH brother be from >chile< so that said....

I think he did prety good:aok

>S< froger
frogs are people too

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:31:47 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
Not sure if u have to have a certain IQ to understand what this guy wrote?

Am I the only one so confused that I want to run away from this thread and find a new Leash on life??

His English is better than yours, and it's not his native language. STFU.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 11:36:19 PM »
He's saying the trees in AH need to be perked.

This is due in part to the fact that one little branch can stop a panzer tank dead.  The second part I think might be a questioning of tank damage modeling in game, perhaps that trees can stop tanks but not tank rounds.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 11:48:11 PM »
dont take my remark seriously it was just ment to be funny. Take a joke guys and stop being so HARD all the time on these threads.

I got the just of what he ment, but I also know that an ground target will stop gvs, they are all built upon the same program, flat shapes thare basicly pieces of ground paid sideways, u hit it, it stops u. all terrain objects are built on 2d platform pretty much, thats why u can land on water. beneath it all there is nothingness. the only fix would be to reprogram a WHOLE new game, or buy the 3d engine rights from another game, and then reprograme it all. this will never happen with such a small company.

Nothing will ever be perfect in games. especally this one. it was primarily designed for arial combat and set up for that purpose. with the vast landscape visibity, if every object on the ground wer its own 3d graphical piece, you would need a super computer to be able to run the game at CRAPPY fram rates and graphics.

We all know the problems in the game. we all have our own opinions, but these guys already got so much on thier plate right now.

Like combat tour, and new patch with the b25. You are also talking about a game thats built on a 3d engine about 10 years old, it ant ganna look and act like quake 4 or gears of war.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 11:54:38 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
He's saying the trees in AH need to be perked.

This is due in part to the fact that one little branch can stop a panzer tank dead.  The second part I think might be a questioning of tank damage modeling in game, perhaps that trees can stop tanks but not tank rounds.

WTF?!? They stop my rounds dead! If you fire from outisde of the trees in, it seems to stop your shot. But from inside out, its fine... (Ill try to film for proof)

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 12:00:45 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
WTF?!? They stop my rounds dead! If you fire from outisde of the trees in, it seems to stop your shot. But from inside out, its fine... (Ill try to film for proof)

Ahhh gotcha.  I was unaware.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:05:40 AM »
I under stood him just fine.  But I must say that steering through the terrain adds an element of fun and challenge, though I agree that the edges of trees should not cause you to colide just the trunks.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 01:21:02 AM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
... or buy the 3d engine rights from another game...

I'm not sure that's true.  Do other games have sophisticated collision models for objects?  Check out Speed Tree's web page.  They have very sophisticated modeling of trees, with individual leaves and animation, which they sell to game producers. However they show extremely simple collision modeling; each tree's collision space is essentially 2 or 3 spheres.

You can drive through the edges of some AH trees.  Remember, just because the drivers view seems to clear a tree, your tank is pretty wide and one or the other edge might be getting close to the trunk.

At least the tree collision model continues to improve.  Remember when hitting a tree would cause your 70 ton tank to explode or flip over.  Now you can even park under some trees.  The radius of the collision cylinder of the pine trees could probably be reduced just a tad however.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 02:58:01 AM »
this post is fantastic in that really weeds out the retards. other than that all i can say is

:cry

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 03:09:22 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt
this post is fantastic in that really weeds out the retards. other than that all i can say is

:cry

Dweebs that use the whine word, usually suk really bad!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Troy21

• Zinc Member
      • http://viajerosvirtuales.blogia.com
A joke?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 07:11:02 AM »
Really said you to it playfully, WaRLoCkL?
Possibly you do not understand my way to speak your language.

If you wish it, I can speak in my native language, (as a joke) and I assure to you, that yours level of IQ will not be sufficient to understand if I say to you some bad word.

Please, a little more respect for those who we tried to express itself in English, a language that is not ours.

Returning to the subject, I hope AH understands what I have commented, because cause annoyances to the users.

"El  "tonto" no es tonto por preguntar. El tonto pregunta. En la respuesta, deja de serlo. Quien da la respuesta no es inteligente, solo servicial. Solo los ignorantes presumen su IQ como su mejor credencial".

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »
Wonder what the flight model is like on a tree.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: A joke?
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:36 AM »
Originally posted by Troy21
"El  "tonto" no es tonto por preguntar. El tonto pregunta. En la respuesta, deja de serlo. Quien da la respuesta no es inteligente, solo servicial. Solo los ignorantes presumen su IQ como su mejor credencial".

Lets see...

"The idiot is not the one to ask the idiotic question.  The answer lets it be know whether whomever answers is intelligent.  Ignorants presume their IQ is their better credential."

Don't presume I speak Chilean Spanish, I used a translator then had to take some liberties to hone it into English but I bet I'm close.

Troy21, see you're still banging away in Tigers huh?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.