Author Topic: ENY values  (Read 344 times)

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
ENY values
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:11:02 AM »
It seems that there is always something getting in the way - and I understand the reasons behind most of it, but what the heck is ENY about and why do I keep getting denied a plane that I just took off with 10 minutes earlier?

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
ENY values
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:35:57 AM »
ENY is kind of a rating for how good each plane is - in the hangar you can see the ENY value for each plane in the clipboard.

There is a min ENY level which applies to each team which changes depending on how balanced (or unbalanced) the team numbers are. Eg if rooks have 50 people online and bishops have 30, then the rooks' min ENY rating will be lower than the bishops' meaning the rooks will be restricted from flying some of the better planes.

Its all just an attempt to keep the game fair and fun. If you cant fly the specific plane you want due to ENY, your options are to either go to a different team or a different arena or fly something else.

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
Thank you
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43:36 AM »
I appreciate the explaination. Thank you. I hope I didn't sound too whiney. My frustration tolerance level gets low as the evening wears on.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
ENY values
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:57:59 AM »
Above is a fair description.  In addition:

Right click on your clipboard, then click Country Status.  It will show you how many are logged on for each country, how many are in flight, current ENY restrictions for each country and your countries status relative to winning the war.

ENY is based on total number logged on, not those in flight.  This keeps big squads for instance, from sitting in the tower to remove ENY then all upping at once and unbalancing the arena.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
ENY values
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »
I used to get frustrated with ENY so I decided to do something about it.  

I choose to fly high ENY planes.  Spit IX, Hurri 2C, F6F-5, FM2 and recently the Yak-9U are my preferred rides.  There are very few instances when I can't get one of those.

Of course once in a while I like to take an LA-7 out, but only for base defence when I need to get alt in a hurry.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
ENY values
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
ENY pwns all