Author Topic: CH Flightstick  (Read 865 times)

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« on: July 28, 2007, 03:52:36 AM »
This stick has twisty rudder control correct?

How many people have this stick?  Do you guys love it as much as I think you do?  Do you use the HOTAS as well?

And how much did you pay?

Thanks

Offline Mulligan

• Copper Member
ch flightstick
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 04:08:12 AM »
flightstick  is a very basic model,,,,,I think you mean fighterstick ,,,,which is

the best stick IMO on the market

CH however does not make a twisty stick,,,,,,,,,ch pedals preclude the need

of one:D

Provantage is about the cheapest i've found

Admiral Mulligan

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »
What ^^^^ said:aok

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
CH Flightstick
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
search the forum for CH products you will find almost everything you need to know. Yes the HOSTA is the way to go there are a lot of us using that package.I think some one said provantage was the place,[correct me if i,m wrong] to get them at a good price.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »
thanks guys, and yes, I did mean fighterstick.

Have any of you who fly with CH products flown with the x52 or x52 pro?

I want to get a good stick, but don't know which to get.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:09:07 PM by Mobius_1 »

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
i use a CH fighterstick, X52 Throttle and CH pedals.

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:38:05 PM »
you can't buy just the saitek throttle tho can you?

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »
no sir, i used to use the stick too but i didn't like it much. the throttle is nice because it has two knobs on it that i use for trim.

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »
do what i did.  I researched and found most people prefer the ch stick, x52 throttle, and whatever pedals.  Since I didn't have anything I bought the x52 knowing that if I decide I want the Ch instead, atleast I'd have the throttle I like already.  No use buying a ch stick and then the x52 for the throttle.

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »
That is a good idea, unfortunately I don't have unlimited funds right now, so this will probably be a few months down the line.

Has anyone ever used the Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Mobius in answer to several of your questions....

I had been using a X52 (not pro) for a couple of years. The joystick itself I sometimes found to be "mushy" and sometimes "bouncy" no matter how I scaled the responses, deadband or damping on X & Y axis.  I also added in a set of Saitek Pro Fligh rudder pedals a few montha back. Even though the X52 is a "twisty", you can disable the twist function.

After hearing about so many X52 owners with similar experiences, and hearing 10 years of high praise for CH joysticks, I spent $80 on the Fighterstick. LOVE IT. So for now, I'm using a Fighterstick + X52 throttle + Pro Flight Peds.

Side note: a squaddie gave me an old set of CH Peds a few years ago. IMHO the Saitek peds are better designed and better constructed.

Cougar = mine was a piece of crap. Paid $275 for it 4-5 years ago when it first came out. No peds, no twist capability. :t   Within 2-3 months the pots wore out and it was like trying to land a Cessna in a 50 knot cross wind. The "throw weight" of the stick itself requires about 20 lbs. of torque. Maybe OK for MR T but my arm was stiff after an hour of flying.

You make no mention of what you're using for a stick now but I'll offer you a great and cheap solution while you save for your dream system. Do a check on eBay for Miscrosoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2. They quit making these sticks a few years back...why, I dunno. Prolly the best $20 stick ever made. This stick is incredibly smooth, has 8-view hat, 8 inputs, throttle slider and twist handle. You should be able to find one for $20 - $30

PM me if you haven't any luck. I've got 2 Sidewinders for back-up...I'd prolly sell ya one.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:15:30 AM by Max »

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Mobius in answer to several of your questions....

I had been using a X52 (not pro) for a couple of years. The joystick itself I sometimes found to be "mushy" and sometimes "bouncy" no matter how I scaled the responses, deadband or damping on X & Y axis.  I also added in a set of Saitek Pro Fligh rudder pedals a few montha back. Even though the X52 is a "twisty", you can disable the twist function.

After hearing about so many X52 owners with similar experiences, and hearing 10 years of high praise for CH joysticks, I spent $80 on the Fighterstick. LOVE IT. So for now, I'm using a Fighterstick + X52 throttle + Pro Flight Peds.

Side note: a squaddie gave me an old set of CH Peds a few years ago. IMHO the Saitek peds are better designed and better constructed.

Cougar = mine was a piece of crap. Paid $275 for it 4-5 years ago when it first came out. No peds, no twist capability. :t   Within 2-3 months the pots wore out and it was like trying to land a Cessna in a 50 knot cross wind. The "throw weight" of the stick itself requires about 20 lbs. of torque. Maybe OK for MR T but my arm was stiff after an hour of flying.

You make no mention of what you're using for a stick now but I'll offer you a great and cheap solution while you save for your dream system. Do a check on eBay for Miscrosoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2. They quit making these sticks a few years back...why, I dunno. Prolly the best $20 stick ever made. This stick is incredibly smooth, has 8-view hat, 8 inputs, throttle slider and twist handle. You should be able to find one for $20 - $30

PM me if you haven't any luck. I've got 2 Sidewinders for back-up...I'd prolly sell ya one.

Good luck.

Max, are the Saitek's push-pull or rocker type pedals?  My old analog CH pedals are rocker style (up-down) and the CH pro pedals were slider type (push/pull).  I prefer the rocker type as I ditched the pro pedals because of the slider action, but my old pedals are about 10 years old now.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
Hey thanks a lot for the information and advice.  That's kinda what I was thinking and I'd heard nothing of the Cougar.  I had a CH products joystick probably 5 or 6 years ago and remember I loved it, but of course something happened to it and it got trashed.

I am currently not even using a joystick, I fly with a logitech rumblepad game controller, it looks basically like a playstation controller, but the axes on the joysticks are very odd.  I do alright with it, but the way its laid out, I am using the d-pad for my views, and I cannot both look around and use the rudder at the same time, or if I do it takes a lot of coordination and I am unable to use my ailerons for that minor period of time, so It's kinda tough.

I was looking at ebay for cheaper and more expensive sticks, but I'm going to borrow one from my best friend, because he isn't using it at the moment.

I'm currently out of town and have only been able to research and read for the past two weeks, so I'm gettin' ancy to play haha.

Thanks again for the advice

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 06:02:02 AM »
Originally posted by Max

Good luck.

I use the Sidewinder FF precision 2 and its great.
So u might want to buy one of Max :aok

The Few GFC

Offline McDeath

• Nickel Member
CH Flightstick
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
Cougar = mine was a piece of crap. Paid $275 for it 4-5 years ago when it first came out. No peds, no twist capability.  Within 2-3 months the pots wore out and it was like trying to land a Cessna in a 50 knot cross wind.

Same thing here, I loved mine till it quickly started falling apart, love the throttle though and still use it with another stick. I'll order a Fighterstick soon as i get off my arse and click "buy now". :lol
flying as                     
Voudou  III/JG11 BOG
71Sqn./USMC
When we are done with you, you are going to wish your Daddy pulled out early!
"Then throw caution to the wind, buy a one way ticket to furball city and pop