Author Topic: My Stupidity  (Read 830 times)

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 08:17:25 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
hmmm ... I have yet to find a 109 that will outturn a Spit ... go figure.

:aok
Das Muppets

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »
That reminds me, Slap have you ever seen a 109 outturn and turn with a hurri2? Ask Lute and ghi!:aok
Das Muppets

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »
Originally posted by Avaro
That reminds me, Slap have you ever seen a 109 outturn and turn with a hurri2? Ask Lute and ghi!:aok

Not any Hurri2 that I have been in ...  ;)

The 109F-4 ... is the only 109 that can give Spits and Hurri's serious fits ... if flown by the right guy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »
Originally posted by Uriel
thank you,
for real though.. I thought I had a good idea how the game was played.. still learning, but damn I made it hard on myself not reading about trim and visability.. would not wish that on any new comer

Word of advice,

I gnore trim and fly with combat trim on.  Plaing with trim during a fight will take your attention away from it and get you killed.  The variables coming into play during a dog fight are so many that trim means nothing.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
it does

Very very very small.  I lose many fights every day in the MA and DA.  Non because the other guy manually changed his trim

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 11:25:50 AM »
I was always under the impression that trimmed played basically no role in your ability to turn an aircraft/improve turning.  It would matter the amount of deflection you have placed on the stick.  It may make a difference in your preference of you you get guns on target/make adjustments.  In some planes, leaving combat trim can be a burden, simply turning it off and setting to your liking is a solution...but i don't think changing it will influence how well you are fighting.  just my thoughts
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Not any Hurri2 that I have been in ...  ;)

The 109F-4 ... is the only 109 that can give Spits and Hurri's serious fits ... if flown by the right guy.

People confuse killing a hurri or spit with out turning them.  A 109 should be able to eat the Hurri for breakfast, but not by out turning it.  I always make a couple of lazy turns to get them slow.  Then I can just play with them since the 109 is a better more powerfull plane and they always ask how did I out turn them.

I took down several 0s in a p40 last night.  That does not mean that a p40 out turns a 0

Offline wooley

• Copper Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 12:12:18 PM »
Generally speaking I'll use combat trim in a furball, but my fighter score sucks so what do I know.

Manual trim is essential in some aircraft to maintain and/or pull out of a dive. P38 pilots - for example -  seriously increase their number of visits to the tower by ignoring manual trim.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 12:20:28 PM »
The guy is new.  The game is complicated enough already.  He does not need to be messing with trim levels during a fight.  Just turn off the stall limiter.

How do you do it anyway?  You take your eyes off the bad guy to look at your speed in order to set the correct trim?  No right?  You just go full trim or nutral.  Thats as wrong as not changing it.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: My Stupidity
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »
Originally posted by Uriel
A good lesson for newbies. So.. how to begin?

I have been playing for 3 months.. and managed to get my attack score down to the 420's during this mid month.. then I tried to focus on fighter skills since Im horrible at dogfighting. Finally, I start reading all the instructions.

1. I have been flying way out of trim. I can not stress the importance.
2. I have not been using full visablity range.. doh! that was really dumb.

So I get my self in trim, and use full visability- and I take out three tanks in one flight..

LESSON LEARNED.. read the F****** intructions!

beware you tankers.. cause I got a jug full of woop oscar for ya.. see you out there ;)

Uri

four month player here and just figured out bombing last night it was not that easy for me fighting but I have turned to be a good pilot at this point in time with the spit16 and the jug whichve been fun

very glad I found this
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
My Stupidity
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »
I wonder if he meant 'flaps' instead of 'trim'.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 12:48:03 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
There is a class of people out here - I am a leader among them - who need basic information like this.  I appreciate Uriel's observations, and I'm sure there are others who do, too.

- oldman

really? and what nuggets of wisdom did you garner from his post?

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
My Stupidity
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
speaking of info for new people to this game.  Where on the trainers pages can you find where a re-arm pad is and how to use it, How to capture a base(c47, number of troops, and where to drop them), how much ord to use to take out an object, and what objects can really affect a field.

I've scoured the website and forums for questions like these to find the correct answers, some are not so easy if possible to find.  I know the answer to the above questions so don't bother answering, but sometimes when you are trying to help when you are new(which is real hard since you're not good at anything) and you are told "hey can someone drop troops on a16" and you do it once.  Then again... then you hear on vox "wtf someone dropped them in the wrong place again, stupid dweebs"  you realize how badly you want this kind of information readily available and not have to sit in the ta for 3 hrs. for one stupid question.