Author Topic: OMG! Torpedoes!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« on: August 02, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »
Hehe...

A torpedo clinic!

When:  August 13 (Monday) 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm US EDT
Where:  Training Arena. Meet at field A1 (Bishop)

Hitting a fleet with torpedoes and landing to talk about it is not a random act. Learn the system and you can enjoy a career as an Aces High Master Torpedo Bomber. Learn the secrets without having to do the math, and we'll even bust some myths about torpedoes in Aces High.

I believe this will be the first torpedo clinic ever held. A one-time event for people looking to learn something new and even a little obscure. :cool:

Suitable for basic through advanced-level players. You must have a working controller and rudimentary knowledge of the game.

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »
Rolex
Please sign me up - flew a TBM 1st time day B4 yesterday - great plane. Looking forward to dropping a torpedo - never tried! I can imagine the geometry solutions are tricky - an given what I understand abt how low and slow you need to go to drop a "fish" - must be a sitting duck!

Looking forward to it - again, <>

Regards,

Optiker

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 06:59:12 AM »
I'll try to make it.

(I took up Ki's and sunk a CV w/torps...was fun)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ArtooD2

• Zinc Member
      • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 07:08:16 AM »
I'm definately in. Great idea

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Nice
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:58:39 AM »
Looking forward to it.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline ArtooD2

• Zinc Member
      • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
Will we be practicing a particular plane ?

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
Sounds Good to me
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
I will make it point to be there this could shed some light on a very little used combat tactic .

thanks Nutte
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Grin79

• Zinc Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »
I think it would be great to have some info on torps ,I dont think they are used enough,it would definatly add a new aspect to carrier operations if more torps were used. What kind of range do they have,what alt. and speed do they need to be dropped at, is there a differance between jap and american torps, while attacking at a 90deg. angle to the ship how much lead to you give to have a good shot at a hit?? Many many questions

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 07:02:43 PM »
Originally posted by Grin79
I think it would be great to have some info on torps ,I dont think they are used enough,it would definatly add a new aspect to carrier operations if more torps were used. What kind of range do they have,what alt. and speed do they need to be dropped at, is there a differance between jap and american torps, while attacking at a 90deg. angle to the ship how much lead to you give to have a good shot at a hit?? Many many questions

We'll have as short discussion to answer all those questions, then do runs with each of the 4 planes that carry torps.

Offline Roberts2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.emotionsstudios.com
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »
I'm in - seeya all there!

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
Well we be practicing torp'ing specific objects like carriers, or in general, cause I want to learn how to torpedo lvt's.
2sBlind

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
Well we be practicing torp'ing specific objects like carriers, or in general, cause I want to learn how to torpedo lvt's.

I believe everything...dropping them right...your lead on the target...everything
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 05:05:49 PM »
Would someone mind recording the session for those that may not and cannot attend?
2sBlind

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
Posted by Donkey:
--------------------------------------------------
Would someone mind recording the session for those that may not and cannot attend?

---------------------------------------------------

Donkey,
the session is scheduled from 9:30: - 11:00, a 1&1/2 hour session - enormous film. Even if it were recorded, I'm not sure where you would be able to post anything that size.

Optiker

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
OMG! Torpedoes!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
i could use some torp training. The only way I kill cvs with torps is when ours die and i launch 400 torps from a pt.