Author Topic: Any interest....  (Read 832 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Any interest....
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:16 PM »
in a blurb on flying the A-20? I'm probably gonna park it back in the hanger and move on to the 38G next month (or 109E). All in all its a suprisingly good bird and much more capable then many think in an air to air role. I looked back and I'm 326-203 over May-Jul period. I'd say roughly 1/3 the deaths were structural failures....but even so thats a 1.6+ to 1. No clue how similiar the B-25 FM will be but some may be applicable.....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
Any interest....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »
With all the practise you've been doing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were smacking e/a like flies with the P-38G.

Good luck
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Any interest....
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
Any good write up on how to fly a particular planes is a good resource so you should write one up.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Any interest....
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:57 AM »
I agree with Ack-ack go ahead and write it up.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Any interest....
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:14:52 AM »
I agree too, any information, is better than no information. I've been watching a number of the films you posted in the A20. What I'd like to see is you write up atext to go along with a film or two.

What I mean is, in your films, you eventually get on the enemies 6 and get some shots at him.... Im proud my aim is about as good as yours :)... but, while you get there, is it because the enemy made a small mistake, or is it the line you took?

The A20 doesn't turn on a dime, so are your moves "planning ahead"? Like in a formular one race, instead of following a guy through a turn on the "preferred line", you take a later lineinto the turn, to hit a later apex, to come off the turn outside the guy in front of you to get possition going into the next, opposite turn to force him to the out side so you can make the pass.

So if you break down your film, "I did this here to keep him in my xxxxx view so that when he did xxxxx I'd be in a possition to do xxxxx" I think a write up like this would give others a better idea of what too look for, and why. Knowing ACMs is all well and fine, but knowing when, and how much to use is much better.

so could ya??? would ya???? uh? huh? please ???  :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:17:03 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Any interest....
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:34 AM »
I'll go ahead and put a draft together, in the meantime any particular film that stands out with regard to value for  "play by play"?

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
Any interest....
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:42:21 AM »
I would say the A-20 vs. the La-7 ... in which Snaphook flies the Havoc.

Many new pilots begin to fail and just skip to either the La-7 or the Spixteen and forget all about the good maneuvers there are out there. Putting some stuff together about the mentioned film should help new players learn to dodge the La horde and fly whatever they want.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Any interest....
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
Originally posted by humble
I'm probably gonna park it back in the hanger and move on to the 38G next month (or 109E).

Go 38G!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Any interest....
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »
Here is a 1st draft. I'll add some screen shots/clips but this should be a pretty good overview. Thoughts, suggestions and/or anything that doesnt seem to make sense please notate for review....

flying the A-20

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Any interest....
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »
snap,

I know what a doc file is but what is a docx file?  or is that a typo?  waiting before i DL.....not that i am worried or anything hehe
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Any interest....
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
Its a 2007 Word doc...no clue why it comes up as a "docx"...I think I can set it as a PDF file also.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Any interest....
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
ah no worries,   am still on MS Off 2003  here.......

will check er out  
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sntslilhlpr6601

• Copper Member
Any interest....
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »
word docs from different versions are not compatible. use either rich text or pdf

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Any interest....
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »
any idea where film screenshots default to in Vista...have some I took I can add....will also post as a PDF file or txt file...

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Any interest....
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
yep snap   when u save it either save it as rtf  dot or doc or pdf or txt........

pdf prob be best bet.........

PrimoPDF file converter is free if you don't have acrobat

my office 2003 will not recognize he docx file  :(