Author Topic: Carrier Hook???????  (Read 677 times)

Offline Austox

• Zinc Member
Carrier Hook???????
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »
how do i lower my carrier hook so i can land on a carrier???

edit:  o yeah, and how do i use flaps?

is it Q???

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »
Carrier Hook is Shift G
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »
Aces High II Trainer Corps Website

find just about all your answers to most of your questions here, scroll down the leftside column for different areas of information concerning the game and how to fly and maneuver, and other things

Aces High II Homepage

from the home page click on Support drop down box, then click on Help link

do the same scroll down the leftside column for different areas of information concerning the game

you really should bookmark both and also thoroughly read both websites entirely through.......

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:47:21 AM »
Austox, if you're new, you definitely want to check out the links that TequilaChaser posted.

Also, it's very helpful to go into the game, to the settings menu, and check out the keyboard mapping tool. You don't change anything, you just scroll through all the commands and see which keys are mapped to them. It really helps you get past the basic key commands (like engine start, wheel brakes, flaps, gear, and so on).

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
Also of note: most ANY plane can land intact on a cv, back-up, rearm, and take off again--takes a bit more finesse without the hook
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Also of note: most ANY plane can land intact on a cv, back-up, rearm, and take off again--takes a bit more finesse without the hook

I watched someone land a B-17 on a carrier one night from the tower. Of course when he did he caught a wing which spun him 90 degrees so he didn't get to back up, re-arm or take back off again but you can get one down on the deck of a CV.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »
How do you "back up" on a carrier deck?  None of my a/c have a reverse gear that I can find . . .

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
How do you "back up" on a carrier deck?  None of my a/c have a reverse gear that I can find . . .

the Carrier is moving in the water, meaning wind is coming across the flight deck....... so when you land or even when you 1st launch to take off, hold brake then give it just a wee lil bit of throttle and then pull throttle off and let the wind and ship movement  roll you backwards...becareful though to not roll off the back of the deck :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
Need full flaps too--there is a magic throttle setting just above idle where this happens--MOST useful for getting fully loaded D  hog off deck
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
the Carrier is moving in the water, meaning wind is coming across the flight deck....... so when you land or even when you 1st launch to take off, hold brake then give it just a wee lil bit of throttle and then pull throttle off and let the wind and ship movement  roll you backwards...becareful though to not roll off the back of the deck :D

lower the hook, add a bit of throttle and you'll be flying .... trust me :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Carrier Hook???????
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
I often wondered this I asked ppl and they told me the hook was just G. Guess I asked the wrong ppl. anyways now I can land much easier on a CV. Thanks.