Author Topic: At altitude?  (Read 279 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
At altitude?
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
what does it mean when I read about a plane "at altitude"?

I,m assuming that it means it will operate best at a certain altitude.

If that IS the case, is there a chart or list somewhere of the optimal "at altitude" for the different planes in this game?

And, I will also assume that different planes have different airspeeds and possibly altitudes that you are able to deploy flaps.

I,m tired of getting shot down in turn fights cause I can,t get my flaps down so I can get the hell out of the way!

Again, is there a chart or list of the flap deployment ablities of the different planes in this game?

Thanks Guys (and girls)

Your Pal,

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
At altitude?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »
Look at the top menu of the HTC site and select Game Info, then Planes, Vehicles and Boats. The performance charts are there for all planes.

You can find the same charts in the game. Go to the hanger, select a plane and right click to see menu.

Here are some sites other than the ones in my signature for your reading pleasure :) :

http://gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php

http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:36:44 AM by Rolex »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
At altitude?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »
I don't think that altitude really has anything to do with when one can and cannot pop flaps ... it all has to do with speed (airflow over the wings surface).

What u need to find is at what speed could a particular plane pop flaps.

If your in a turn fight and cant pop flaps ... start adding some rudder to your turns to slow your airspeed ... a high yo-yo ... till you can pop flaps. I do this all the time in an FM2 or an F6F.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."