Author Topic: Russia gets owned by a squeaker  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Russia gets owned by a squeaker
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
russian... It was "spiced up" by the russian news?

But baroda claims that russian news is the only truthful news out there.   All the rest is western propoganda.

lazs

Someone has to tell the Russians this is how you "spice up" the news.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 08:57:56 PM »
Russia, **** YEAH!!!
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »
Originally posted by MiloMorai
With nuclear weapons

....as Americans told us. Anyway, burying Soviet sailors with military ceremony deserves respect. .

JP Jones was not one of my countryman.

Really? So you admit that your national hero was a Russian Admiral?

…on 11 June 1858 for use as a civil flag. Under the influence of German counselors, the government based it on the livery colors of the imperial arms — black and golden yellow, the latter usually represented as orange. A white stripe was added at the bottom lest the flag be exactly the same as the one used by Austria, whose arms also featured a black eagle on gold. White, long a symbol of legitimist monarchies in Europe, was specifically attributed here to the cockades of Peter I and Catherine II. The black-orange-white flag was very unpopular, so much so that the government felt compelled on 7 May 1883 to recognize the white-blue-red as official for use on land during celebrations. Hence the flag intended for unrestricted use was rarely seen in prerevolutionary Russia, while the flag restricted to special occasions was in fact the most likely to be hoisted whenever private citizens wished to express their nationality by displaying a flag on land.

Partially true.

WBR Tricolor was an official flag of a Volunteer's Fleet (If you understand what I mean).

Later it's most famous appearence was in the White Army, not quite nice - as a flag under that Whites performed mass-executions.

Also take a look on Russian Army battle flags from 1812.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
/cough

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Someone has to tell the Russians this is how you "spice up" the news.

Buy yourself an NTV+ sat package so you'll be able to jerk off on Russian TV reportresses (Milo, how about my spelling? I'll appreciate any corrections!). You'll have to pay for what I see for free, yeah, I am a bloody commie :D

Is it a French girl? I had two French girls living at my place several years ago - you know, girls on TV or in the movies are quite different from real life :)

And we'll have Olympics in Sochi in 2014 :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
/cough

This is a building my Father have built. He was in charge of all research on capital constuction there including launch facility and MIK that's probably at your photo. He was really surprised how they managed to collapse the roof.

Vulcan, I have posted this story many times here.

At least Buran flew and didn't kill anyone... Now we still have cheaper and more reliable delivery.

To All: So I suppose noone doubts that we possess the North Pole? Now it's 70 years since North Pole-1 drifting station!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
At least Buran flew and didn't kill anyone... Now we still have cheaper and more reliable delivery.

To All: So I suppose noone
(sic)doubts that we possess the North Pole? Now it's 70 years since North Pole-1 drifting station!

The south pole is then American. Americans have occupied the geographic South Pole continuously since November 1956.

Buran flew with no one on board.  If it had landed vertically at high velocity it would not have killed the crew.

Soyuz has flown 98 times killing two crews.  
2/98 = 2% vehicle failure rate
4 of about 300 cosmonauts.  
That's about 1.3 % crew mortality

the Shuttle has flown 120 times, killing two crews.  
2/120 = 1.6% vehicle failure rate
14 / 630 astronauts.  
that's about 2.2 % crew mortality

So the shuttle system actually is safer per flight, it just kills more when it fails.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Buran flew with no one on board.  If it had landed vertically at high velocity it would not have killed the crew.

Actually when Buran did do its ONE space mission there were no life support systems on board. So even if it landed properly it would've killed the crew :)

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:46 AM »
I planted my flag in Uranus.  Do I own it now?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
I planted my flag in Uranus.  Do I own it now?

I don't thik so.

Am I talking to the deaf?... :(

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 12:40:03 AM »
:rofl
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 01:12:18 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Really? So you admit that your national hero was a Russian Admiral?
The country JP came from is not my country, so hard to be my national hero. :rolleyes: Says much about the Russian navy that they need an American.  :eek:

Still spelling 'no one' incorrectly. :D

This is a building my Father have built. He was in charge of all research on capital constuction there including launch facility and MIK that's probably at your photo. He was really surprised how they managed to collapse the roof.
We are not surprised.:D

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 01:18:59 AM »
Can a US sub take soil samples off the North Pole..

You ever hear of the NR-1..or is it the NR-2?

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:15 AM »
March 18, 1980 - Fifty technicians die at Russia's Plesetsk Cosmodrome when a Vostok booster explodes while being fueled. The incident is reported only in 1989.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2007, 01:30:24 AM »
Originally posted by BiGBMAW
Can a US sub take soil samples off the North Pole..

You ever hear of the NR-1..or is it the NR-2?

So why dou didn't? Try beating our data with yours. Oh, you didn't sign the UN Sea Convention!? What a pity! Bombing someone without UN approval is OK for you, so should our MIRs expect torpedos from US subs? :D

We proved your presence on the Moon by bringing Moon soil samples with our automatic landers, so it we know you are capable of bringing your samples from Polar ocean bottom - then you don't expect any fakes, don't you? :D

Anyway, US can't expect anything there, and I think we can arrange it with Canadians ;) Sane people can always come to an agreement.