Author Topic: Few Dogfighting Questions  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
Few Dogfighting Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 11:17:41 AM »
Murdr,

In the film you posted it looks like you drop a fuel tank at the 10:11 mark. I don't see one hanging on your plane, but then all of a sudden I see one drop from you.

Did you have a tank for the first 10 minutes of that fight?

Btw, I'm very impressed with the way you maintain alt during this fight. It seemed you start out around 8k or so, and with nearly every pass you managed to climb back to that height. (at least in that range).

That is clearly part of my problem (I have a lot of them), after about 3 or 4 dives, I'm on the deck, and the Surgeon General warns: Being on the deck can cause DEATH. :(

Thanks for the film, I'm going to watch the rest now....

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
Went back and watched the film from the internal view, and sure enough, it looks like Murdr switches to a DT and then back to cannon at the 10:11 mark in the film.

Doing this with a DT makes it even more impressive.

Do you noramally fly with your DT on Murdr, or was this an exception?

Is there anyone out there that flies B&Z with their tanks on? (I wouldn't think anyone would T&B with a DT still on).

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »
I don't drop external fuel unless absolutely needed.  If an engagement (in whatever form) is going my way I'll keep it.

The reason I posted the film in reply to donkey was to show the pursuit angles I am using in a bnz attack.  In that film I lag pursuit my way on the way in, then pull to pure or lead pursuit just outside of guns range.  This generally takes me on a flight path where I do not have to burn very much E to take the shot, and also where I do not dive much lower than needed.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »
let me get this straight. If you're actually 200 behind a con it's about two football fields away? It really seems a lot closer than that.
Lagger

Offline Tachus

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
Yes, the con range is in yards. So 200 is two football fields. Well, not exactly as has been mentioned before. Since the 200 really is a range of distances, all the way down to 100 yards.

Best regards,
--Tachus

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »
can't be 200 yds.  maybe typo, but just no way that can be in yards. maybe i'm not getting it (which wouldn't surprise me at all).  when I'm on dead six, and see 200, and pretend i'm really at 200, it seems hard to believe that that con is still at such a long distance.....as i've said, i've been wrong before, and surely is not my department:)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:12:12 AM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PanzerIV

• Nickel Member
      • http://17thawsquad.aowc.net/main.asp
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 01:00:31 AM »
I always thought of stuff on the metric scale on AH, btw I hate the communist metric scale!!!!!! Anyway, thats about all the input I have.