Author Topic: Voice problems  (Read 350 times)

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Voice problems
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:56:26 PM »
I have asked many and searched but havn't found anything that meets my problems.

I am using a Dell Inspiron windows XP Pro with 512 ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs

I can here other people and have no issues other then when I hook up a mic and transmit it sounds like I am studdering.

ie. I can say "check 1,2,3" and sometimes even the transmit beep studders 2 or 3 times and then I get a "check, check, check 1,1,1....."

Any Ideas??

Warren M
Jay12

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Voice problems
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »
Are you using a controler button that is maped through a setup program that came with the game controler? Have you tested in windows or just in game?
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Voice problems
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
It's an Altec Lansing headset with boom mic.  Don't know what you mean by controller button...I push "T" to transmit or F12.  I did test it in Windows and I can do a self record fine, IT tests fine on set up and diagnostics.

I am running wireless and read that may be causing problems so I'm going to hard line it and see if that makes a difference..

Warren M
Jay12

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Voice problems
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
Skuzzy posted this in another thread.....

If you have an onboard audio chip, then make sure to set the hardware acceleration to 3/4 from Full. Onboard audio chips do not have any (or mcuh at all) hardware support for playing audio.

The 'hardware acceleration; slider just set sh priority for playing sounds.

Also note, if you have custom sound loaded and are using onboard audio chips you will again experience potential performance issues as virtually all custom sounds are sampled at a much higher rate and are simply larger files requiring more time to load and play.

If you are using a USB headset, then it is going to be difficult to keep it from pausing at times. USB headsets require the most CPU time to do anything with audio as compared to even the worst onboard audio chip.

Bottom line: It is a resource issue of some type.

Is yours a USB headset?

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Voice problems
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »
Not a USB headset but I think I got it (Internal system) working by connecting hardline to my DSL.  Wireless was casing the echo for some reason.  

Get a pbvsetup.exe error when the soundbalster is enabled but I can work out that later.  May just take a reinstall of the card.

Thanks for the responses.

Warren M
Jay12

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Voice problems
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Wireless connections will cause many types of problems with the game.  It is the nature of wireless.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Voice problems
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »
Another thing to check would be to ensure your my microphone is selected as a recording source.

Open Volume Control.
Select Options menu > Properties
Under "Adjust volume for" click "Recording"
Ensure Microphone is one of the options checked
Click "OK" and the "Recording Control" window will open
Ensure Microphone is checked.

My voice problems had very similar symptoms to yours and while troubleshooting I remembered that my video editing software will change the microphone setting when it copies video from the camcorder.