Author Topic: Next a/c brought to "AH2" standard.  (Read 636 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Next a/c brought to "AH2" standard.
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »
Mosquito. Long overdue.

Thanks. :aok
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
Get the 110s while you're at it. :)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »
Bombers are more in need than most.

Lancasters' damage model needs SERIOUS fixing. Soaks up repeated 30mms in many places. Never catches on fire.

Same for Ju88, B-26, Ki67, they need it the most. All are generation 1 skins (we're on generation 3 with the latest models)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »
Hoping for some upto date Lavochkins....... if its the most flown it is the core market after all............ plus the La7 dash is all wrong, the La5FN tail is wierd and the La5FN did not have the "onion cowl" of the early La5F.

We may all be pleased with a new La drag model anyway ..........:) then maybe it will loose its dweeb monicer
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:27:47 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:23:54 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

Lancasters' damage model needs SERIOUS fixing. Soaks up repeated 30mms in many places. Never catches on fire.

I was defending in a manned ack at a V-base today...and there were lancs overhead...that guy took 8 shots from my manned ack...no damage at all...just kept flying...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
Funny, ran into a formation of Lancasters last night.  All three went down and I didn't use up more than 150 rounds of .50 cal and didn't need to use my 20mm cannon.  I don't see where they are all tough, they seem to die pretty easily to .50's.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »
You land shots from the top down into the canopy they pop like a zit, but any other angle and they soak it up with ungodly ability. It's been this way for ages. I would like to see them "revisited" vis-a-vis damage.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
Came in broadside at co-alt from the sun.  hit the side of the lead lancaster and stitched it from nose to tail.  Attacked the remaining the same way.  Not once did I come in from above as I had to climb up to the Lancasters.

I think there maybe other causes and I don't think the so-called "toughness" of the Lancaster is it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 12:26:57 PM »
I've seen it too, its basically just the cockpit thats vulnerable. I've walked .50 rounds from the tail forward without doing any damage, then *poof* as soon as I hit the canopy. Also put 30mm from 110s and 262s into the engines without smoking them, into the tail without doing any damage, etc.

The Lanc seems a prime example of the key being shot placement, not round size- which isn't right, because a 30mm in the wingroot or tail should do a heck of a lot more damage than a .50 or .30 into the cockpit should.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
Hellcats are top runners for needing an upgrade. One of the oldest and chunkiest models we have. In addition, the vertical bar above the arch in the canopy is too long.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »
Yes, but they don't soak up 5+ 30mms without taking noticable damage, like the lancasters do :rofl

(P.S. I might have several films of this, I had them once, but I've cleaned house a few times since then and the lanc model for sure hasn't changed since FOREVER so it'd still be the same today)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Came in broadside at co-alt from the sun.  hit the side of the lead lancaster and stitched it from nose to tail.  Attacked the remaining the same way.  Not once did I come in from above as I had to climb up to the Lancasters.

I think there maybe other causes and I don't think the so-called "toughness" of the Lancaster is it.

ack-ack

I've made that same approach using 30mm only and I saw the same results as Krusty... nose to tail on the lead and closest drone... maybe a control surface.... nothing else.

The tail section of the aircraft and its engines seem too resistant to 30mm to me.

If you attack from head-on though, it's a different story... 1 round and they pop.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 01:21:32 AM »
The Lanc was a tough airplane, but there are limits...

I recall doing tests in which it took 14 Hispano hits to take off the tail.  Only the B-17 took more.

By comparison, the Bf110G-2 took 2 hits and the Mosquito took 3 hits.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-