Author Topic: List of changes anywhere?  (Read 552 times)

Offline DOWJackL

• Zinc Member
List of changes anywhere?
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »
Where do I find a list of recent changes to the game?  For instance, last week someone told me you could drop your own troops at your own map room to counter enemy troops.  Also, dropping base supplies now reduces the time fighter hangers are down.  I didn't see anything about these changes in the AH Help screens.  I know there is usually a list of changes included in each patch, but is there a cumulative list of changes somewhere?  Thanks.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »
There is a readme file in the Programs > HTC > Aces High II folder, or you can look at the News, Announcements & Information section at the top of the of the Bulletin Board. All release and patch readme information is posted with the release.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: List of changes anywhere?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by DOWJackL
Where do I find a list of recent changes to the game?  For instance, last week someone told me you could drop your own troops at your own map room to counter enemy troops.  Also, dropping base supplies now reduces the time fighter hangers are down.  I didn't see anything about these changes in the AH Help screens.  I know there is usually a list of changes included in each patch, but is there a cumulative list of changes somewhere?  Thanks.

Those are not changes.  As far as I know it's been that way for some time.

wrngway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
As far as I know, Fighters hangers are down for a total of 15 minutes, no matter what else is happening.  Resupply has no effect on fighter hangers.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DOWJackL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
There is a readme file in the Programs > HTC > Aces High II folder, or you can look at the News, Announcements & Information section at the top of the of the Bulletin Board. All release and patch readme information is posted with the release.

Thanks Rolex.  I checked and found about 15 readme.txt files from the last updates/patches!

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Re: List of changes anywhere?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »
Originally posted by AWwrgwy
Those are not changes.  As far as I know it's been that way for some time.

wrngway

Dropping troops to counter enemy troops and reducing fighter hanger down times has been around a while?  When did that change?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Re: List of changes anywhere?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:35:03 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
reducing fighter hanger down times has been around a while?  

You still can't reduce downtimes of any hangar.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »
What about the dropping troops to counter enemy troops thingy?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »

Frankly: I don't know. I just see people doing it all the time, but that doesn't have to mean a thing (I see people tryin to capture uncapturable bases too :D)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 02:32:26 AM »

I tried that in the last month.

The nme was one troops short of a capture at my vbase so I upped an m3 and let out troops.

All 10 went in.

(After dying)

I saw one troop take the vbase.

I think i'm going w/ another "myth" here.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 02:36:05 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute

The nme was one troops short of a capture at my vbase so I upped an m3 and let out troops.

All 10 went in.

(After dying)

I suspected that.
But if there is any doubt left, we could maybe set up a test in controlled environment - SEA or AvA perhaps?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute

All 10 went in.

(After dying)

Thanks for the response.

I've got guys in my squad that have been around a while and believe that you can shorten the down time of fighter hangers...I, too, think this is a myth since I have yet to find anything about it in the help file or update notes.

Speaking of the help file, I took a look at it and noticed that it is AH v1.0.  Is this help file still valid?  Or have things changed enough to warrant an updated help file (including the online help)?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 01:21:55 PM »

Speaking of the help file, I took a look at it and noticed that it is AH v1.0.  Is this help file still valid?  Or have things changed enough to warrant an updated help file (including the online help)?

When HTC makes changes to the game, eor instance like when they updated the way the game lets you setup controllers/joysticks. Then Skuzzy will edit & update the online help file in accordance with what has changed.

I have not checked the AH downloadable help file, but I would have assumed ( which might be an error on my part, ROFL ) that Skuzzy/HTC updates each Help section whether it be downloadable or the online help file at the same time, when a change warrants the help files to be updated.....

the same can be said for the Aces High II Trainer Corps website. when something changes the Training Staff are always quick to get something out and posted for the community. where it is usually posted in the Help & Training Forum FIRST, then added to the Trainers website

hth...
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC