Author Topic: ownership of non-strategic objects  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
ownership of non-strategic objects
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
Originally posted by Ghastly
Now, I'm really confused by the phrase in bold ... what do you mean? Unless you are referring to something I don't know about "default built" means a segment of rail or road that's 10 miles long placed vertically down from the field or strat - regardless of whether it's land or water they are placed upon.  

Surely you don't mean that someone is going to do that at some point to an MA terrain?  

Or are you referring to something else?

OK, this is my opinion only. About once every year or so they come out with a new version that requires all our terrains to be rebuilt. If everything goes well, the .tra files, your roads, will still work, but you can't depend on it and things go wrong sometimes. If Skuzzy has to go in and reset all your roads by hand, it's less likely your terrain will be put back into the rotation. If you cross the new rivers with the old roads, chances are they're going to break at some point and it'll probably be sooner rather then later. I don't know you, if you're ok with resubmitting your terrain at some point in the future, go for it, but if rebuilding it will upset you, then keep the old roads far away from the new rivers and cities.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
ownership of non-strategic objects
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »
Aaah.  Thanks Easycor.  That explains it.

I think I'll probably accept the possibility that I might need to mod the terrain in the future if there are changes that require it, rather than try to plan around the default road/tracks.  Even if I wanted to, that wouldn't work - in too many instances the default rails and roads are laid over ocean anyway.

Guy
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue