Author Topic: All Pilots  (Read 909 times)

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
All Pilots
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »
Let us all take a moment or two to remember all who's lives were taken from them 6 years ago in the cowardly attacks of 9/11.

Lets us also remember all of those in history and everywhere since who's only misfortune was being in the wrong place.....at the wrong time.

We will never forget.

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
All Pilots
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
All Pilots
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »
!
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
All Pilots
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:17:47 PM »
Never forget, never surrender.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
All Pilots
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »
The T.V. images and radio reports are still vivid in my mind from that day. I will always remember where I was, what I was doing, and how sickened I felt as I watched and heard what transpired.

God bless those that perished helplessly, those that gave thier souls to help others escape, and the families and friends that will never see thier loved ones in this world again.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
All Pilots
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 08:15:13 PM »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
All Pilots
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
...I was in 4th grade doing math when it happened.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
All Pilots
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 09:32:47 PM »
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214834

I had lost a relative.
:cry

Was in Homeroom. We were watching FOX (Like we always do every morning) and it flashed on the screen.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
All Pilots
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:11 PM »

When it had all collapsed...metal shaped as a cross still stood.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Makoyouidiot

• Copper Member
All Pilots
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by Latrobe
...I was in 4th grade doing math when it happened.

I was in 6th grade math... Even not having to work, that was the worst math class ever.

Never forget.
Formerly known as Mako15, MakoShrk, and MattiasK, now flying as Matty, on long term leave.

"It's MAKO, you IDIOT!"

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
All Pilots
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:33 PM »
Originally posted by Makoyouidiot
I was in 6th grade math... Even not having to work, that was the worst math class ever.

Never forget.

I was in 7th grade but the school never told us about it. I found out listening to the radio on the bus ride home. I didn't beleive it untill I got home and saw one of the women my dad works with in tears in our living room. her husband was a pilot in one of the planes.

It was our generations " day that will live in infamy(sp)" and we shall never forget.

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
All Pilots
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »
I was in 6th grade as well, and saw the 2nd plane hit. to all.

My parents ask me why I want to join the Military, and I have to alwasy remind them of 9/11 and that ugly old bearded man who planned it!
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline SoulTakr

• Copper Member
All Pilots
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:21:34 AM »
Was on a plane to Bosnia that day for deployment (SFOR 10).  We had just lifted back off from Ireland and it wasn't until we landed that the SFOR CDR and CSM came on board and told us.  I remember sitting in the back hitting on some Flight Attendant's, and saying something like, "it's not real, they are just trying to jack us up"  Reason I said that, was before we had boarded on the Aircraft the Battalion CSM had hyped us up and we all thought they were doing the same.  Man, as soon as we got into that inprocessing tent we could not friggin believe it.

On a side note, my wife was actually on her way there but was delayed due to problems @ her job.  Not that's it's cool(more like history in the making) but she has always had a thing for taking pictures and has some pics of the people running and smoke and debris coming down the street at her.  If she hadn't of been delayed I would not have had the opportunity to meet her and have 2 wonderful little girls.  Makes you think some times, if someone really is looking after you.
"Deeds Not Words"

Offline xREAPERx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/_xreaperx_
All Pilots
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 01:47:57 AM »
xREAPERx tours 76-133 HITMAN tours 140-present

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
All Pilots
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 08:37:42 AM »
I was a Junior in College.  I was asleep at the time, I had no class on Tuesday until about 6:30 PM, didn't have to work on Tuesday until noon.

My wife (girl friend at the time) who was never one for history or politics and was always extra dramatic, calls my cell phone and tells me "They are attacking New York"  at which point I'm thinking who?  The Canadians?

I turned on the TV about 2 mins before the 2nd plane hit.