Author Topic: Hun Hunter XVI  (Read 531 times)

Offline IMXLR8N

• Zinc Member
Hun Hunter XVI
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »
Ok, so nobody jumps on this one....

[SIZE=8]I'm planning on doing this skin:[/SIZE]

Just kidding sax man. :D

But on a serious note, I'd like to do a D-40 Jug skin. I've got my eye on this plane that flew with the 57thFG/65thFS Hun Hunter XVI. Problem is this, I can only find info on Hun Hunter XIV which was a D-11 I believe. I wouldn't mind doing XIV, but I fly the -40 primarily and I'd like to fly my skin in the game. I have a few pics of a D-40 that was restored in XVI's colors, and from what I found it was actually recovered from central America and they traced it back to being Hun Hunter XVI, but I'd like to find some pics of Hun Hunter XVI in combat to prove this. So far I've been unsuccessful. So... does anyone have any?

So you know what I'm talking about:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Hun Hunter XVI
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:24:34 AM »
I have the 57th History and there is no photo of XVI.   I'm not positive it existed and it isn't just the warbird owner naming his bubble top Jug in a way that would be a natural progression of the earlier Razorback D model Hun Hunter XIV.

The serial number on the warbird is that planes serial and it isn't a combat vet.  I thought the 57th History might have info but no go.  There is color film out there of the razorback Hun Hunter XIV

Wish I could be of more help.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline IMXLR8N

• Zinc Member
Hun Hunter XVI
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:11:42 AM »
Yeah... I was afraid of that. Oh well. I know the color footage of Hun XIV, great film Thunderbolt. I love that film, I used to watch it all the time as a kid. Still one of my favorite lines in a movie is in the sequence where they all go out on the prowl shooting up the country side... "Who's that over there in that field?" BRAAAAAAPP!!! "No friend of mine.... "

Still brings tears to my eyes.

:aok

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
d11
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
The d11 skin has already been done and was waiting to be sent in if they decide to rotate the d11 skins
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline IMXLR8N

• Zinc Member
Hun Hunter XVI
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »
Cool deal, I'm looking forward to flying it... and "blowing out a few tubes in that radio tower..."

:aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Hun Hunter XVI
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com