Author Topic: How I saved REAL money playing the annual AH Virtual NYSE Game.  (Read 106 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
How I saved REAL money playing the annual AH Virtual NYSE Game.
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:52:35 AM »
This actually happened close to the end of the 1st AH NYSE game we played.

It's good for a laff.

My Son and I went to Best Buy one day. I had a joystick and a headset to replace. Both under the 2 Year warranty... They gave me a voulcher and with my Son in tow we were both like lil boys in a candy store.  I had played the Virtual Stock Market that same day and had Best Buy stock which I made a killing on during after hours trading but I wasn't even thinking about it at the time.  The joystick I had returned wasn't in stock, asked them to check in the back... nope they were out.  So we went to check out and this cashier girl, chewing and smacking her gum, said she'd have to charge me the $74 of the old broke stick as the same and equal amount of the $44 stick I was buying... Nope wasn't gonna happen.  I told her they had no like item as a replacement. She smiled and just said sorry.... I asked her how long she worked here at Best Buy and she said 8 Months and that's their policy. I told her no it wasn't then asked her if she held stock in the Company... that turned her head a bit. Then I told her what the stock opened at, what the price was at the closing bell and the price at the end of trading was. I then asked to speak to her Supervisor or Manager, which she called. The Manager came forward and this girl whispered in her ear for about a minute.  The Manager told her to adjust the voulcher in my favor and don't waste my time.  Hee hee... it tickled me a bit.

I must never use this power for evil.

Just wanted to share this with ya'll.

:D Mac

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
How I saved REAL money playing the annual AH Virtual NYSE Game.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
Glad someone got something out of it.  

I always reaffirm why I should never be allowed to invest my money by myself.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"