Author Topic: Iar-80  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: Iar-80
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
If we're taking up a scotch collection, I'd gladly part with a bottle or two of Famous Grouse for the IAR.  :aok
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline thedudee95

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »
My guess is that when they do research for a new plane, they sometimes go in that country, to see the plane, take as much hi-res pictures of it, from all possible angles, i may be very wrong about this. I would be glad to help them by going at the museum and talking getting "access". The rest of the data is available on the internet, engine power/characteristics, etc.

P.S: thedudee95, de unde esti? daca esti din Bucuresti este ideal.
Medias :)

Also great pics. I got IL2 1946, and i go ingame and get some info.

Positng it here soon :)

Offline thedudee95

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »
Ok i got some good info on the Iar-80 and Iar-81 from IL2 1946. Everything in that game is super realistic and hte info is 100% correct becuase they have peopel in the team that know their stuff :)

Hows this :)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2009, 03:58:46 AM »
Ok i got some good info on the Iar-80 and Iar-81 from IL2 1946. Everything in that game is super realistic and hte info is 100% correct becuase they have peopel in the team that know their stuff :)

:lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, 07:09:40 AM »
texas, i would gladly go to Bucharest for 3-4 weeks and gather data, but it's useless if they don't want to put it in the game. thedude95 :lol, il2 "super uber realistic" ? was that some sort of thin ironic module? or you really believe that il2 is like that, if yes, you've got it all wrong... :aokm I noticed the number "95", you born in 1995? If so, i understand the "super duper realistic" il2 thing...

Let's say we email them and we get some sort of "OK" from them, how could i help besides lots of hires pictures? Nothing comes up in my mind so far, the information about engine performance and other technical characteristics are available on the internet, or I'm sure they already have 100% reliable sources for this type of information.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2009, 07:25:07 AM »

Hows this :)

About as accurate as wikipedia.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2009, 07:34:09 AM »
I want to see a HTC official say "YOU WILL GET IT!, NOW STOP IT"  :lol, was thinking about making a special request e-mail in the name of several members that want this plane in the game :) anybody in? :D

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »
Won't do any good, we've been starting up these threads asking for it for at least the four years I've been here and there's been absolutely no comment from anyone at HTC. You'll either get a "Yeah, we'll think about it" message or they'll just blow you off.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
4 years? That is a lot of time. Too bad they don't want it in the game, I think they invested more hours in making that German half track, witch i think it's stupid, a lot of work for nothing. When they add a new plane, on what factor they add it? On ppl's demand? or do they decide what is best for the game...?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:14:05 AM by Klauss »

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2009, 08:22:10 AM »
I have no idea how they select them aside from user input (we did have that poll a while back), but they usually figure it out on their own. I question a lot of their additions (Sk251, Spixteen, Ta152, etc.) and omissions (IAR, He111, just about everything Russian) but its best to just stay patient and keep reminding them what a/c are wanted by the community and why we want them. I think "It fills a historical need" or "It fills a gap in the planeset that hurts in scenarios" works much better than "Its cool and I want to fly it". 

Even though the IAR is all three IMO... :D

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
"I just noticed, this plane is very very light, it's 5621lbs loaded (max fuel + 450kg ord.), let's say you don't take the 450 ord. It gets even lighter...5621lbs-992lbs (the 450kg ord.) = 4629lbs at max load, i think that it pretty impressive. A power to weight ratio...4629lbs/1025HP=4,5lbs/1HP, that's better then most planes in AH. I think many will fly it, 2x MG 151/20 - 175 rounds/gun + 4 FN 7,29 - 400 rounds/gun. It's lighter than a spitfire mk 1  . Maybe somebody can compare this plane better with what we have in the game, i think it has the handling of a early spit, fire power of a late spit (8,9). And similar cockpit visibility (not sure about back-view visibility)." -  As i said one page behind, it's not a bad plane at all, even for MA, maybe the top speed isn't great at all, but the guns are more than decent, handling should be more than great, it's lighter than a spit 1, and it has a 4,5lbs/1hp for God's sake, that's better than MOST of the planes we have. I don't see any reason not to get it in-game, it's more than decent. I did read an older topic about this plane, everybody in that topic wanted it in, somebody said "think it's the first topic i've read, where everybody is ok with something" if those aren't the exact words, i'm sorry, but it was something similar. Would be a great scenario plane, it could be used in so many events.This plane has the look, it has the moves, i want it! :)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »
Send an email, put my name on it too.   

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
Great, 3 so far  :aok

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
If we ever started a petition, I'd sign it, but i don't think it would do a bit of good.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »
4 years? That is a lot of time. Too bad they don't want it in the game, I think they invested more hours in making that German half track, witch i think it's stupid, a lot of work for nothing.

If they had put in the IAR instead of the 251, people would have said the same.

When they add a new plane, on what factor they add it? On ppl's demand? or do they decide what is best for the game...?

Their call. Though we had a poll some time ago, B-25 won and P-39 came second. Planes like the 410 or Re 2005 lost. If you know look at the P-39's usage numbers.... what people want and what they actually use can be quite different.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman