Author Topic: Cancer update  (Read 651 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Cancer update
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:24:18 PM »
Went to Family Doctor yesterday, he told me I should look into retiring. Social Security paper work, long process, but I thnk Ill do it. I go to get rescoped Dec 5th. I hope it's not back. I got the feeling it will be though. 70-80% recurence. Then comes chemo, radiation. And if that don't stop it, they take my bladder. Family Doc thinks I'm on a downhill spiral. Acute anxiety, Depression, I don't know, I feel doomed. 4 people in my family died of different kinds of cancer. All I got is hope. Just wanted to keep you all posted.

Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Cancer update
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
Frik Oz....Man I am sorry to hear this....I don't have words bro....But I will pray for you. If you EVER EVER need a moment to vent , or whatever...PM me....OR email me (in profile). I'll send you a number.

I'm sorry to hear this:(
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Cancer update
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
Oz, I'm glad that you post updates on here. Sometimes I lose track of who's supposed to be at the top of my prayer list. :)
Hang in there Sir. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Cancer update
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
I will pray for you.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Cancer update
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »
dang ozrocker that's some news. :(

My prayers go out to you, and your entire family. Let's hope for a speedy and full recovery. May God be with you.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Cancer update
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48:16 PM »
Originally posted by ozrocker
Went to Family Doctor yesterday, he told me I should look into retiring. Social Security paper work, long process, but I thnk Ill do it. I go to get rescoped Dec 5th. I hope it's not back. I got the feeling it will be though. 70-80% recurence. Then comes chemo, radiation. And if that don't stop it, they take my bladder. Family Doc thinks I'm on a downhill spiral. Acute anxiety, Depression, I don't know, I feel doomed. 4 people in my family died of different kinds of cancer. All I got is hope. Just wanted to keep you all posted. Oz

You need some positive vibes man.  If you feel that you are doomed, you will be.

My grandfather was diagnosed with a really bad form of lung cancer many years ago.  His family doc shook his hand and said "You have 6 months to live".  He died 12 years later of something totally unrelated to his cancer.

He just wouldn't accept that nothing could be done.

Be positive and get checked out by some really good doctors if you can.

Fight until you feel you can't fight any more.  Then find a way to keep fighting.  

Good luck man, if I can help in any way let me know.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Cancer update
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »
Sorry to hear Oz, my best wishes to you and your loved ones.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Cancer update
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:13 PM »
Oz NEVER give up hope Bro!!!!  NEVER!

I've seen many things that prayers have done that Doctors were left dumbfounded.

Think Positive.

You are in my prayers Bud.

Mac

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Cancer update
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
Man, I know it sounds light and not serious, but just live life to the best of your ability and put out as much love as you can muster.  It will come back to you in magnitudes.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Cancer update
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
Listen to Curval.

You need to find your best path and stay true to yourself.   Have no regrets and make the best of what you have left, even if thats just 50 more years.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Cancer update
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
:(

Wishing you all the best.  

One of my family members has been battling cancer on and off for 10 years.  Can't speak to you from personal experience, but from what I've seen, it's trully attitude and determination that will get you through this.  More and more people survive this disease.  Unfortunately, it's up to you and your family to research all possible treatments.  But it gives you some control over what's going on instead of just being told what you're going to do next.  Nothing bad to say about the doctors, but they often go with the same plan of treatment unless prompted otherwise.  My family member is on her 3rd treatment, the 1st two were partially paid for by the companies who always need patients.  

Seriously...good luck and thinking of you.  

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Cancer update
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
You will be in my familys prayers sir ......
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Cancer update
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
doctors have been wrong before

stay positive and get a new doc if this one stays negative

best of luck
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Re: Cancer update
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
You need some positive vibes man.  If you feel that you are doomed, you will be.

My grandfather was diagnosed with a really bad form of lung cancer many years ago.  His family doc shook his hand and said "You have 6 months to live".  He died 12 years later of something totally unrelated to his cancer.

Fight until you feel you can't fight any more.  Then find a way to keep fighting.  

Well said.

Stay positive ozrocker.  No matter how long any of us have a positive attitude helps make life more enjoyable.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Cancer update
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
Originally posted by Curval

Curvals got the right idea.

"Acute anxiety, Depression, I don't know, I feel doomed."

While not the same situation you are faced with I felt all of the same things.
What turned it around for me was when I had my bone marrow test.

For those that dont know.
The best I ican discribe it as is they take a corkscrew and screw it into the small of your back into the bone. VERY painful.

But feeling pain makes me angry. Anger steels my resolve.
I got pissed off and decided I wasnt going to surrender and I wasnt going take it laying down.

You need to find that place inside you that does the same thing.
Dont let yourself get too high, or too low.
But remain steady and unwavering in your resolve.

And dont be afraid to see other doctors.

If you need a shoulder that can relate let me know
We are part of the same family now
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty