Author Topic: Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I didn't intend to speak for you, it's just when I hear another somebody trying to tell a joke about the president's intelligence, it reminds me of hearing a Jack Benny of Henny Youngman joke... without the timing.

I mean ... it's been done to death.

George is doing his best to keep it fresh but it's the only act he's got. ;)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
George is doing his best to keep it fresh but it's the only act he's got. ;)

Their coverage of the Bush / Gore Indecision 2000 was magnificent, but I stopped being a regular viewer of the Daily Show when they forgot that the news media was fodder for their humor and settled on tired old george bashing.

The same joke is only funny a few times.  Dress it up as satire and you're only saying, "I'm too lazy to be funny."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:54:37 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2007, 10:14:16 PM »
Look past the satire (or the satirist)*. My point is one can't have it both ways (sarcastically critisize those who do not support their agenda for being "fear motivated" while ignoring everything within their agenda which is just as bad, if not worse). :)

*Both of which/whom I freely admit made me chuckle .... still.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »
Too bad Arlo you have to point out the obvious fact that you can fight terrorist in Iraq all day long and it won't kill them. They'll just follow you to America or Six Flags or wherever the hell you go. They'll pose as the amusement park ride operator, take your ticket, smile in your face, tell you they love America, and shoot you in the back of the head as you try to step on the ride.

It's akin to a story of WW2 where 9 German wermacht were lined up outside a room where a Soviet soldier was with a loaded machine gun. The officer slapped them on the back and told them all to run in. One by one they all piled in only to get shot by the one Soviet soldier. Finally the officer approached the door more cautiously and stuck his head in only to get capped in the skull.

Yea... Iraq is about as smart as that.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:58 PM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
Too bad Arlo you have to point out the obvious fact that you can fight terrorist in Iraq all day long and it won't kill them. They'll just follow you to America or Six Flags or wherever the hell you go. They'll pose as the amusement park ride operator, take your ticket, smile in your face, tell you they love America, and shoot you in the back of the head as you try to step on the ride.

And yet, they haven't. Vote for Hillary and you may get your wish.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
And yet, they haven't. Vote for Hillary and you may get your wish.

Do you for one second think the war in Iraq is keeping guys from blowing up airplanes here again? For anyone who doesn't know i've flown at a ton of flight schools and all i see is people from the middle east flying in America because it's cheaper. What's stopping any one of those guys, Iraq? No, none of those guys just happen to be terrorists that's all. And thats just an example.

No, the reason is the excellent job Bush has been doing with his intelligence in other parts of the world such as Afghanistan and here in America. I guess after his prior intelligence snafu's he's not trying to repeat it again. Although i'm a bit worried Bush might be going a little too far if he's not checked.

But Iraq doesn't have much to do with it, other than the fact that it's like "Oh look the Americans or here, lets kill them here". That's great news for the troops now isn't it? (sarcasm)

Oh and by the statement you made i guess you've prejudged me and are assuming i'd be voting for Hillary ....huh?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »
Too bad Arlo you have to point out the obvious fact that you can fight terrorist in Iraq all day long and it won't kill them. They'll just follow you to America or Six Flags or wherever the hell you go.  

Hmmm .... not quite my point, actually.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
...Korea was bunk

Please sir, do expound on this theory.  It was a hidden treasure in your otherwise decent list of examples (you should have substituted Kosovo for Korea).

I'm all ears.  Take your time.

Offline GovtFlu

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2007, 01:46:12 AM »
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/iraq/story/21406.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2414588.ece

There has been a rather amazing transformation in parts of Iraq, "insurgents" that have killed / maimed untold numbers of US troops became "security forces" the instant they touched US currency. There are not elected officials, but Sunni warlords with no affiliation, or affinity, to the central govt.

"The town is run by deals among its anointed leaders, nearly all of them former Sunni Muslim insurgents. None was elected. No one pays any mind to what might be happening in Iraq’s *****e-dominated parliament in Baghdad. In fact, residents assume that the elected central government will never help them.

Instead, the insurgents-turned-leaders depend on an influx of money from the U.S. or from the provincial government to keep Islamic extremists from dominating the town again. So far, the U.S. military has spent $1 million,"

Saddam pacified the locals, with cash, it only took Bush 5 years to learn Saddams tactic worked pretty good, even though it rewards killers / criminals and other assorted crap disturbers responsible for killing / maiming our nations finest.

It's all good as long as nobody minds but US tax dollars going to murderers like Sabah al Janabi who are responsible for untold numbers of dead US troops and would be tried for murder in a non banana republic... but janabi became a concerned citizen after having his pockets stuffed wit cash, so it's ok...  the surge of cash is working, good job Mr president... if you can't beat em, buy em.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2007, 06:54:47 AM »
"Moltz looked the second sheikh, Taleb al-Janabi, in the eye. “If you keep to your contract and keep fighting the enemy, we owe you the balance,” he said.

The balance is $189,000 (£93,000), to be paid over three months if the sheikh sticks to his side of the bargain and drives out the largely foreign fighters of Al-Qaeda in Iraq who have set up camp in date palm groves along the banks of the Euphrates in Ruwiya, to the west"

Business is business
And who is it that is supposed to be our main enemy on our war on terror again?

Seems to be alot more fruitfull then paying our own mercenaries (Blackwater)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:24 AM »
For anyone who doesn't know i've flown at a ton of flight schools  

Do you keep flunking necessitating trying to find one that will pass you, or is it your personality to causes you to be tossed out?   :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2007, 08:10:11 AM »
I think arlos point is that he is really funny but you have to be a pot smoker to get the full effect.

Follow us home?   like in cape fear?   Nooo.. I would say that the whole thing is like a bunch of islamofacist bubbas who, when left alone get to play out in the sand in airliner hulks or fake schools or wheel and deal for suitcase nukes with oil money..  

It is like... they can do that and get their passports all ready and all or.. they can make the chioce for allah and the virgins and fight the great satan right in their backyard.. they can gloriously die trying to kill US soldiers and stop an arab/muslim country from opening a bar and letting women run around in miniskirts..

but that effort comes at a cost.. they are shooting their wad on the home front.   sure.. they still get to sit around the dining table and curse at the great satan but..  they got more important things to do.

I may be wrong but..  so far, they are staying home and getting their butts kicked thousands of miles from here..   It has been a long time since they have hit us.  

Which seems odd given that I hear on this BB that we are creating more of em every day... more than ever.. and... that, as I hear on this BB... they now hate us more than they ever did... that they almost loved us before but now... out of moral indignation at our evil ways...  hate us?  

Seems the ones wanting to win the war are not the ones who want to have it both ways....

Oh... I just heard that the democrats want to attach a line on the "support the troops" money that says that we have to start pulling out in a couple of months.

Does this seem desperate or what?   LOL.. they are desperate for defeat..  the only hope for them is defeat... support the troops indeed.

lazs

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2007, 10:32:13 AM »
Now lazs, there you go again, trying to inject logic and honest observation in an arguement with liberals.  You know they don't believe in logic, truth or reality, only nonsense made up by pot smokers.  :rofl
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:55 AM »
Oh and by the statement you made i guess you've prejudged me and are assuming i'd be voting for Hillary ....huh?

To be honest, I didn't think you were old enough to vote. :p
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2007, 12:19:21 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Now lazs, there you go again, trying to inject logic and honest observation in an arguement with liberals.  You know they don't believe in logic, truth or reality, only nonsense made up by pot smokers.  :rofl

Cant find Bin Ladden so we bring freedom to Iraq so they can kill each other,thats logical allright.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:58:04 PM by KgB »
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle