Author Topic: Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent  (Read 4184 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »
Quoted from john9001:  you really want al qaeda to win don't you? It would break your heart to see a free Iraq. Well i have bad news for you , al qaeda is losing, ask bin laden.

There is the problem with all of this. John9001 is the proud owner of  a shiny new penny given to him by his government. It doesn't matter what the truth is...only that he gets a new penny.

Iraq ain't al'queda, it never was.

Saddam was a lunatic and had to go, granted. But....that's not why we all jumped on Iraq (Canada included). figure it out ..yer all big boys.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:12 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
There are news that the violence is dropping, and that the bandits are running lower on artillery and ammo, - that's good news. Had to happen some day.

Which I'm afraid is not going to last. A war never goes on endlessly at full tempo and there can be longer periods of lesser activity, but then the activity can all the suddenly go up again. I wouldn't have any high hopes just yet, maybe then if the activity doesn't increase for a year.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 02:56:44 AM »
Violence in Iraq is down 70%, now it's up only 1000% compared to pre-campaign levels anymore. :rolleyes:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 07:48:43 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Violence in Iraq is down 70%, now it's up only 1000% compared to pre-campaign levels anymore. :rolleyes:

Hardly, unless you're only counting violence against Americans. Saddam's daily average of slaughter was higher than it has been since he was dethroned.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
ledpig..  how dramatic!   and useless.    You have already proven time and time again that since you have no solution that your whining is not much use.   if your only solution is "run away run away"  then I will be glad to show that the current strategy is far and away a better one..

In the end.. the current strategy is better than yours.

oh... and... it appears that violence was even lower in october...  sorry lefties I know how that must hurt.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Hardly, unless you're only counting violence against Americans. Saddam's daily average of slaughter was higher than it has been since he was dethroned.

Now THAT is something that needs to be promoted a bit more :aok
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2007, 11:17:56 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ledpig..  how dramatic!   and useless.    You have already proven time and time again that since you have no solution that your whining is not much use.   if your only solution is "run away run away"  then I will be glad to show that the current strategy is far and away a better one..

In the end.. the current strategy is better than yours.

oh... and... it appears that violence was even lower in october...  sorry lefties I know how that must hurt.

lazs

Lasz i've already said what i would propose to do many times... So that empty rhetoric that you and all the other folks try to repeat is hollow. Not agreeing with something is not called whining. Get some new bougeois cliched phrases.

The current strategy is something only a retrded person would go for.  To keep getting soldiers killed over nothing is useless. Let me lay it out for you since you apparently can't see 5 minutes into the future.

1.You can stay in Iraq for the next 20 years and it will not bring an end to terrorism.

2.You cannot truly identify who is a terrorist, that puts the army at a great disadvantage, making the effort truly useless.

3. The army is easily recognizable and attacked, thus the terrorists will always have the upper hand with the element of surprise.

4.The presence of the army is and will continue feeding terrorists.

5. We are breeding more future terrorists than we are killing.

And Lasz if you think the violence will stay low you must be kidding me right?  You are just the same as the lefties that cling on to the nearest report of an increase in violence and use that to say how feeble the effort is. So your report of a decrease in violence does as little for me as hearing there is an increase in violence, it's the ebb and flow, the point is it will not stay the same.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron

Source? That's interesting.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Source? That's interesting.

My estimates have come from many sources over the years. Here's one for ya: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?menuID=1&subID=1008
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »
Its almost amazing the lack of reporting coming out of Iraq by the manstream news outlets these past few weeks.  whats going on in Iraq these days anyway?

Sure hope we dont let the demcorats in congress surrender us in Iraq just as we are about to get a grip on it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/iraqi-islamic-party-says-al-qaeda-is-defeated.htm

Very interesting.  Just another tidbit of the puzzle to try and figure out.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2007, 02:35:56 PM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
No it's like quit going down the same damn path and pick a new one. If you like seeing soldiers drive over bombs two days after some idiots set it, if you like people shooting soldiers while they are not aware and have the perpatrator dissapear, if you like seeing the governtment set goals for the troops and have them constantly change it in the middle of action, if like seeing troops fighting... i don't who the hell there supposed to be fighting when the terrorist wear no uniform, look the same as everone else in the region, and don't really reveal themselves untill after they start shooting, or run off afterwards into a crowd of, see no evils, hear no evils, and speak no evils.

By all means continue. I would think you're a masochist if you want to. It's not an effective use of army resources or army lives. The army needs a specific target in order to kill it, and a specific goal that doesn't change every five minutes when the people that employ them find out they don't know what they are doing. If you think that policy needs to be continued go ahead.

:aok

On top of that, many of these "terrorists" in Iraq are normal everyday people like You and I that are really pissed at how they've been treated, and at the devolution of their once modern country into a cesspool of cholera, be headings and anarchy. All the gun toting internet badasses on this BBS would be doing the same thing if they were subjected to this type of treatment... I'd say that any American who didn't take up arms against a foreign occupier on US soil is a sopping wet vagina.

What makes anyone here think Iraqis are any less proud of their soil? or want to be told what to do by culturally ignorant leaders 1/2 a world away? WOULD ANYONE HERE enjoy that? on top of having your door kicked in at will & being subject to arrest zero evidence needed and no real system of justice to complain to after being tortured.

The internet makes getting to know the enemy easy, besides that it's all very simple and easy to figure out, no expertise needed.

You dont have to be a "pro" to read ME polls about the reasons for US hate, it takes no special training to watch "insurgent" videos at terroristmedia.com.

Try getting to know and understand the "enemy"..take a look the people our .gov calls "terrorist". Most of them are average every day people.. many of them fight wearing ill fitting dress slacks, cheap dress shoes and soiled button down shirts.. their message is always the same about resisting the occupation and keeping Iraqs resources for the Iraqi people.

http://www.terroristmedia.com/nukem/index.php

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
On top of that, many of these "terrorists" in Iraq are normal everyday people like You and I that are really pissed at how they've been treated, and at the devolution of their once modern country into a cesspool of cholera, be headings and anarchy.

modern country?
 If 26 marble palaces with gold toilets is your idea of a modern country.
You have no idea what Iraq was like under saddam.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2007, 02:48:52 PM »
xmarine.. you are a strange guy... you do know that you can go to deathrow.com and hear interviews with the inmates and see that they are just regular guys like you and well.. not me but.. you get the point?

how frigging "just like us" is a guy who blows up his own civilian neighbors in a mall cause he is mad at someone they had nothing to do with?   what are you on?

You say that if someone invaded us we would all fight..  depends.    We asked for french help in the revolution.   the confederates asked for french help.   If the confederates would have won they would have welcomed the french staying and helping against northern terrorists after their army and government and infrastructure had been all but wiped out.   At least till the government got a grip on it.

You miss the biggest point.. the government in power was elected by the biggest majority a free election has ever seen...  you miss the point that everyone knows that... far from being invaders.. we will leave when the government (freely elected) tells us we should or can.

you miss the point that these sweet and wonderful "just like us" terrorists blowing up women and kids in the mall are just pissed cause they lost a free election.... nooo.. they are pissed because the country is even able to have a free election.

Now if you can't see the difference then you are even farther off in la la land than even I had thought.

lazs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2007, 03:43:22 PM »
don't hold xmarine accountable for what his wife makes him post ..

if you had Iranian wife ack screaming in your ears, you'd post paranoid, conspiracy, hate bush crap just as he does

LOL LOL LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder