Author Topic: AH Air Races  (Read 1181 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
AH Air Races
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »
I thought I'd let everyone know, mainly those who havn't heard...

Aces High Xtreme Racing League has a website!!! http://www.ahxarl.com/

Created by 4440, one of the racers in the league.

Every Tuesday night 10pm EST!!! Come in and join the fun. We usually get up to 40 racers per  Race (3 Heats per Race). Come check us out! <>

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 06:35:12 PM »
Watch out, bmathis is just looking for fresh meat to prey on.  Racing is a real challenge, and lots of fun.  You all should try it at least once.  You guys who think there is no skill in racing, I challenge you to try to beat bmathis.  It takes intense concentration, and nerves of steel to compete with the best in the league.  It is adreneline pumping palm sweating fun.  Here are some sample videos from about a year ago.  Take the time to download the video if you can, the video quality is much better, and worth the wait time.

Make plans to attend on Tuesday nights in the Special Events Arena.

10 Eastern,
9 Central
8 Mountain
7 Pacific.

Season 6 Preview
Tunisian Turn & Burn 400
Flapyard 400

Above video's provided courtesy of Surf35.  Also, don't miss Mathis's movies in his signature line.

Don't miss the explosions in the Flapyard 400! :aok
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:20:14 PM by TracerX »

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
Racing = Fun!:D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by TracerX
Watch out, bmathis is just looking for fresh meat to prey on.  Racing is a real challenge, and lots of fun.  I challenge you to try to beat bmathis.  It takes intense concentration, and nerves of steel to compete with the best in the league.
 LOL! I accept all major credit cards, race at your own risk!

:t     :t     :t    :noid     :t     :t     :t
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »
For those that are interested, here is a link to the track we will be using for next Tuesday's race in P-51B's.  Seaside Strafing 500
This is a very fun track, and practice will improve your chances to win.  Most pilots practice offline until the track is posted in the SEA on Sunday night.

Good luck! :aok

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »
And let the folks know, these races are not just for individual pilots, but there is team points racing as well.

Recruit your squaddies and start your own Race Team!  Compete against -

B~Smooth Xtreme Racing
SCREAMING DEMONS RACING
USMC/71sqn Racing
-=1st=- N.A.S.T.Y. Race Team  
! 347th Fighter Group !
**Lynchmob Racers**
4th FG "The Eagles"

And one more reason to give AH Xtreme Air Racing League a try.  Without a doubt, racing gives you an excellent opportunity to learn just how far you can push the envelope in a particular aircraft.

Ever fly close to the ground in the MA, hugging and dodging through the trees to avoid the bandit's gunfire on your six, and wonder if you are really as low as you can go?  After a few races, you'll learn you have more ground clearance than you ever thought, and you'll be able to use it without a face plant (uhh, most of the time). :rofl

You'll discover that not only can you easily fly the Yak through a hangar, but that you can start your bank for a turn WHILE STILL IN IT! :huh

You'll learn you can fly an IL2 through a bomber hanger at 200 mph (in a dive with a heavy tail wind :O ), and you'll learn to fly aircraft you may never have flown much before.  

And for those of you who don't already know, you'll learn how to use that little rolling ball thingy on your cockpit dash to make faster, sharper turns and maintain your energy while doing it.

Xtreme Racing will make you just plain better in controlling your aircraft and you'll have alot of fun while doing it.  And if you're really lucky, you may even get into an occasional race with the RV8 through a tight, multi-hangar course that 'Tests The Best'.  Talk about 'Fast and Furious' racing, it's insane!

However, I have to issue this warning.  Whatever you learn.  Whatever you do.  You will have to learn to handle the ultimate frustration of following BMathis around the course for nearly every lap, every heat, every race all season long.  :furious

He can't be beat.  His teammates can't beat him.  The other race teams can't beat him.  YOU CAN'T BEAT HIM ...  or can you? :t
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »
AH Air Races

are for dorks!  :D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »
Watch out, bmathis is just looking for fresh meat to prey on.  Racing is a real challenge, and lots of fun.  You all should try it at least once.  You guys who think there is no skill in racing, I challenge you to try to beat bmathis.  It takes intense concentration, and nerves of steel to compete with the best in the league.  It is adreneline pumping palm sweating fun.  Here are some sample videos from about a year ago.  Take the time to download the video if you can, the video quality is much better, and worth the wait time.

Well I'm putting some wheel blocks in front of his plane this week and I'm installing my turbocharger as we speak. :t

As for the trying it at least once.. lol I'd suggest trying it at least twice. If you only try once, you will likely be a little disheartened. Also for newcommers, I can't stress enough, how important it is to show up early.

This isn't a walk on 5 mins before the race starts type of deal. You really need to get in there early and learn the track, the guys that run up front, typically put in hours of practice for each race.

So don't expect to come in with 5 mins to spare and blow everyone away. Practice is the key in this stuff.
"strafing"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »
Aces High air races are done every night in the MA.

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
AH Air Races
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 12:26:07 PM »
I did the extreme racing in the beginning and always... and i do mean ALWAYS had a blast.... time restraints have prohibited me from participating for several months, but am hoping to get back involved over the upcoming months.... you guys do a great job :aok
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Aces High air races are done every night in the MA.

umm sorry but running away in a LA7 or a Runstang with a tempest chasing you, doesn't make you a racer. It just makes you dweeby. :D
"strafing"

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »
For those that are interested, here is a link to the track we will be using for next Tuesday's race in P-51B's.  Seaside Strafing 500
This is a very fun track, and practice will improve your chances to win.  Most pilots practice offline until the track is posted in the SEA on Sunday night.

Good luck! :aok

Nice looking track.

Offline miraj

• Copper Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
Could someone give me an idea of how things are run?

Do you start on the runway or in the air?
Are planes and fuel load pre-determined?

I will give it a try , just curiouse.

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »
I'd like to get involved in them also.  I'll be out of town till nov 3rd but would like to start when I get back.

Thanks for posting Mathis:aok
Jay12

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
AH Air Races
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »
Originally posted by miraj
Could someone give me an idea of how things are run?

Do you start on the runway or in the air?
Are planes and fuel load pre-determined?

I will give it a try , just curiouse.

The start of the race is signaled by the firing of the main gun on a tank at the starting line on the runway, and text channel GOGOGO.  We give a prestart signal "gentelmen start your engines" too just for flavor.