Author Topic: LOL took up bombers last night  (Read 268 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
LOL took up bombers last night
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »
SESeph was absolutely positively having kittens last night with the bish trying to win that map.

It's like 1am Pacific time, I've been on all night it seems, half in the bag, and I can't even do anything right in fighters anymore.  So I took up some B-24's and started flattening things.

What a hoot!  I can see the appeal.  That was a totally different kind of flying.  I might try that in the MA more often.

I had this La-7 following me for a sector, coming in slow and steady on my level 6 o'clock.  5.0k out and I had this guy straight in my pipper and I'm giggling at my drunken self watching this poor fool come in.  1.5k out and a friendly jumped him and scared him off.  Boooo!

Good times.  Did we ever win that map anyway?

Toonces
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »
Bombers are fun. :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
Flying bombers "is" fun. And once you get the hang of the guns they are actually fairly dangerous. Even better, once you learn some of their foibles they have strengths that fighter sticks never see.

The last 2 times I take up 26s, the first time I took out a spit and a butcher bird only to disco from a power outage so I couldnt land them.:huh  The time after that I took out my targets, took a spit, another 190, and 2 LaLas, but the last LaLa put me on fire and I couldnt land them. Ive crippled 4 262s this tour and downed two. Thats huge for me cause that airplane slaughtered me the first few months.

I still have a lot to learn in bombers but Im starting to give as good as I get. I cant help myself but I love what AH has done with its bomber fleet. And I respect the game by landing every time I can. No bombing and bailing for me.

The bombers are a gas. I love the B-26 so much its hard for me to touch another airplane. But I do love them all and look forward to one day being a really good bomber stick.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
I was chasing Redlegs11 (Redlegs on the board) and had managed to get one of his remaining 2 planes - continued chasing him, lost sight after a swift little nibble, to suddenly find myself being slammed with bullets...lol......I certainly didnt expect that aggressiveness from a buff......(must admit, I laughed all the way down tho, and gave him a salute...)

I take buffs up sometimes, and always have a giggle doing it........much fun to be had...

Wurzel

Redlegs.......
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »
ummm Rich.. could you send me your next flight plan?  ;)

JK...  Buffs can be fun.  Not, generally, my bag but I can see how they can become addictive :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute