Author Topic: Alternate targets  (Read 398 times)

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Alternate targets
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:19:18 PM »
Can you destroy trains or truck convoys.  If you can does it accomplish anything.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Alternate targets
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45
Can you destroy trains or truck convoys.  If you can does it accomplish anything.

Yes you can.

Trains carry supplies that rebuild strat targets, truck convoys carry the supplies that rebuild damaged bases.

For each train/truck convoy that is destoyed, the target object's downtime (if there is any) is a little bit increased.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Alternate targets
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »
Good luck with the armored truck convoy that goes 120 mph and the train with death star ack on it.

I can never run into these when in a GV or a jabo... the only time I ever see the trucks are at a friendly base, and the train only comes by me if I am in a goon about 30' off the deck.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Alternate targets
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
Good luck with the armored truck convoy that goes 120 mph  

It goes about 50 mph.. which is still quite impressive for an WWII truck convoy ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Alternate targets
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
Good luck with the armored truck convoy that goes 120 mph and the train with death star ack on it.

I can never run into these when in a GV or a jabo... the only time I ever see the trucks are at a friendly base, and the train only comes by me if I am in a goon about 30' off the deck.

I've blown many of both away.  Sit at a strat target in a vehicle sometime.  The train arrives every 15 minutes or so.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Alternate targets
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 06:50:08 PM »
Had a barge "floating" by tower at A30 last nite--twice!

Would have been an easy kill in a gv.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Alternate targets
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »

Not hard....just park by a road. The trucks will be along directly. :)

BTW, dunno if it has changed...mg rounds used to be more effective than cannon.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Alternate targets
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »
What baldeagl said, set up an ambush for the train at any strat object with objects destroyed. Train will come along to fix them shortly. Watch the Ack!

Convoys do the same for towns, kill some town buildings and wait, or back track the road to find it. Both give you very nice perk points for moderate ammo/ord use.

Tip, kill engine, lead truck first, rest should be sitting ducks.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Alternate targets
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 06:13:37 AM »
the trucks and trains come every 15 minutes,they are set up to travel the lenght of the road in 10 minutes,the average lenght of the road is 10 miles.

The shorter the track or road the slower the speed of the train or convoy,thats why some travel very fast on soome maps and are slower on others
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Alternate targets
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »
I don't GV very much but have run into convoys quite often much to their demise.

Also I've often targeted barges, convoys when the vulch is on.  Often find it's  little more effective use of my guns than on a vulch when there is like 20 friendlies fighting for a couple of consistent uppers.

Been on several attack runs when the ack from the train takes me by surprise.  I usually get ticked off and bomb the train after that.  I always come out the winner.  Train bombing is good fun when you come across one.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk