Author Topic: ENY value  (Read 609 times)

Offline Apers

• Zinc Member
ENY value
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:20:22 PM »
I've been asking about this ever sice I started playing, and I've never gotten a straight answer;

what the hell is it?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
ENY value
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
team with greater numbers loses the availabilty of perk rides first then works it's way up the value of planes. Spit16 is 5 eny with the La7 a few others those are next off the list, the 51d is the lone 8 eny plane then on way up.

Greater the player advantage the bigger the eny value gets. How it works i have no idea.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
ENY value
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »
Actually, it's a factor used to determine perk points awarded.

http://www.flyaceshigh.com/ahhelp/perks.html
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
ENY value
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:41:39 PM »
Interesting quote from the Help Page on Perks...

"Perk planes (and vehicles) would be things like Me 262s, Ta 152s, Tempests, B-29s, Ar 234s, Tiger IIs, etc"
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
ENY value
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:41:43 PM »
well excuse me, :D

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
ENY value
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
It's a value that supposedly rates the planes from easiest to most difficult, with low ENY values being easy and high ENY values being difficult planes to fly/kill in/live in.

It's used in calculating how many perks you get from a kill.  You get more for killing a low ENY plane with a high ENY plane than the other way around.  It's also used for balancing the arenas.  When one country gets too many players ENY kicks in and starts eliminating "easier" planes from that country.  The higher the player disparity goes, the higher the ENY goes.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
ENY value
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 04:45:13 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
Interesting quote from the Help Page on Perks...

"Perk planes (and vehicles) would be things like Me 262s, Ta 152s, Tempests, B-29s, Ar 234s, Tiger IIs, etc"

TA-152s are no longer perked. B29s only one could wish:D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: ENY value
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »
Originally posted by Apers
I've been asking about this ever sice I started playing, and I've never gotten a straight answer;

what the hell is it?

ENY was brought into the game to help with side balancing. when numbers are above 50 it takes it by players online. for example

Bishops=130            ENY 12.0
Knights= 110            ENY 0.0
Rooks= 125              ENY 8.2

when the player count is below 50 it takes it by % of players flying for exsample

Bishops 25     Player % in flight 10%     ENY= 0.0
Knights 20      Player % in flight 50%     ENY= 17.3
Rooks 17         Player % in flight 20%    ENY= 0.6

ENY limits the plane set for each country when one country has greater amount of players. so in the lower count Knights would not be able to up any planes with a 17 eny or less so this would mean you would not be able to fly LA7s Hurricanes so on so on. you have to fly a 18 ENY plane or higher, or you do what HTC is trying to do with this and switch sides and fly for a diffrent country.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: ENY value
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
Originally posted by kilz
ENY was brought into the game to help with side balancing. when numbers are above 50 it takes it by players online. for example

Bishops=130            ENY 12.0
Knights= 110            ENY 0.0
Rooks= 125              ENY 8.2

when the player count is below 50 it takes it by % of players flying for exsample

Bishops 25     Player % in flight 10%     ENY= 0.0
Knights 20      Player % in flight 50%     ENY= 17.3
Rooks 17         Player % in flight 20%    ENY= 0.6

ENY limits the plane set for each country when one country has greater amount of players. so in the lower count Knights would not be able to up any planes with a 17 eny or less so this would mean you would not be able to fly LA7s Hurricanes so on so on. you have to fly a 18 ENY plane or higher, or you do what HTC is trying to do with this and switch sides and fly for a diffrent country.

I think he was referring to ENY values.

As I understand it the original purpose of the ENY value of a plane was in calculating perk points.
Since then it has been frankenstiened into a method to control 'popular' MA planes when sides get unbalanced.
We used to only have 1 or 2? planes with an ENY value of 5, now we have many more.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
ENY value
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
It is screwed up, it even limits some meadiocer planes.  It should be reworked, it is a good idea that needs improved.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
ENY value
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »
Originally posted by kilz

Well HTC needs to put a note on it to explain to the majority of the furballers that don't get it. An added mesg might even say furballing area open in the DA, all planes free.

We need an arena dedicated to furballing that also keeps score. HTC might have the map and we already know they have the scoring system.

H2H pay to play for 10 bucks while full paying members are allowed access.

Heck, put free on there as a selling point. Free access to full paying members.

Problem mostly solved and money earned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
ENY value
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by A8TOOL
Well HTC needs to put a note on it to explain to the majority of the furballers that don't get it. An added mesg might even say furballing area open in the DA, all planes free.

We need an arena dedicated to furballing that also keeps score. HTC might have the map and we already know they have the scoring system.

H2H pay to play for 10 bucks while full paying members are allowed access.

Heck, put free on there as a selling point. Free access to full paying members.

Problem mostly solved and money earned

I think, if I remember right, that ENY was installed to slow the ground pounding hordes, not the furballers.

As the land grabbing hordes got bigger, they couldn't be defended against by the lower numbers on the other side. ENY was added so the horde had inferior equipment, giving the out numbered team better equipment to fight the horde with.

Don't blame the furballers for your ENY complaints

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
ENY value
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »
Perk planes (and vehicles) would be things like Me 262s, Ta 152s, Tempests, B-29s,  Ar 234s, Tiger IIs, etc.

:rofl :rofl  Is this a hint of things to come?:rofl :rofl
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
ENY value
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
Was flying Rook tonite.  Knits had 150, Rooks 80 and Bish 70.

It was only a matter of time before the first "%(&$) ENY" came over from the Knits on 200.

Poor guys were reduced to flying Spit IXs instead of Spit 16s :)

Double the numbers and someone is still blaming the game or the makers.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY value
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by Apers

what the hell is it?

Same thing it has always been. If you have not understood all the posts about it, why all of the sudden do you think you'd understand now. Go back and read the other posts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)