Author Topic: Flaming P47  (Read 1545 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »
i had some bad connection issues a while back and sometimes i was able to fly around for minutes after i lost UDP.

i would be flying around, shoot something that didnt take damage, then get shot and not take damage, then shoot something else and not damage it. then, bored and annoyed i would start flying home.

Then when i would be about to land the text buffer would come alive again and i would get a couple of kills at the same time as losing all my plane parts and crashing from the damage i had not taken 5 mins ago.

so if it isnt CT testing of AI then its just lag i think.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
I'm afraid this can't be done, except by HTC. In the movie, you'll see what you saw in game, on your front end, not what happened on someone else's.

Originally posted by Masherbrum
The film I have is not an "HTC drone".    In fact, the plane is flying around for almost 2 minutes.

This would agree with what Gianlupo said-  You saw the plane with damage, you filmed the plane with damage, when you reviewed the film it had damage.  

Your FE saw the plane with damage, so it recorded it that way.  Jumping into the other plane doesn't give you a view of what the other guys FE saw.  It just shows you what his view was based on what your FE saw.

BatfinkV, I lose UDP almost everytime I play, with no apparant effect other than during the 10 seconds or so while the UDP/TCP switch is going on.  I generally lose it on my way to my first fight.  (Crappy dial-up? I connect at 26.4K).  I never get booted as a result, and my "Net Status" line is flat other than during the switch.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 04:11:50 PM »
it seems weird that the "flamer" would have such a bad connection that he is not registering the hits/damage.. BUT his connection is good enough for him to actively pursue and shoot down other planes..
:noid

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »
Mtmman, I don't know why Karaya quoted that sentence of mine, I think he misquoted... I think he meant that in his movie he saw the name of the pilot and that it wasn't a drone, but a player. This would make sense in relation to my first post.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 10:45:02 PM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Mtmman, I don't know why Karaya quoted that sentence of mine, I think he misquoted... I think he meant that in his movie he saw the name of the pilot and that it wasn't a drone, but a player. This would make sense in relation to my first post.
Yes.   It WAS a player.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 12:49:55 AM »
Interestingly enough, I saw this same scenario again tonight. Some guy in a 190A8 flying around missing lots of parts- nothing major, just his entire tail section and both wings missing. I believe someone else saw the same phenomenen from the same player a few hours later. Kind of odd if it's just a bug, and stranger still that they don't appear warpy, or unable to kill others, just unable to be killed themselves.

Don't know if HTC is paying attention here, but I have another film if they're interested.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 03:26:33 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
I fly a couple-hundred jug sorties each camp, (usually N) and it NEVER burns more than 20 seconds before exploding, not even enough time to ditch in water if ya were alREADY on the deck:furious  On other hand, jap planes flame on for a good minute or so--odd, considering the materials most of them were made of

I think I may have happened on a bug two weeks ago.  A fuel tank that was empty was hit, and I got the big flame trail.  I figured I was short for the world, but after a minute or so of not exploding, I just kept flying.  Flew for another 8 minutes, RTB'd, and safely landed.  Perhaps it has something to do with empty tanks getting hit?

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Flaming P47
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »
Stoney-far too logical.  This is a proper witch hunt, man!  Burn, Burn, Burn!!! :aok
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:46 AM »
Originally posted by EndofSilence
Stoney-far too logical.  This is a proper witch hunt, man!  Burn, Burn, Burn!!! :aok

Only farm implements with an ENY of 25 can be used

<:(

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2007, 09:47:28 AM »
Originally posted by Stoney74
I think I may have happened on a bug two weeks ago.  A fuel tank that was empty was hit, and I got the big flame trail.  I figured I was short for the world, but after a minute or so of not exploding, I just kept flying.  Flew for another 8 minutes, RTB'd, and safely landed.  Perhaps it has something to do with empty tanks getting hit?
Possible, as 'main fuel' is the thing 90% the time
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2007, 10:12:04 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Yes.   It WAS a player.

Yup, this is what I'd assumed from your first post.  You filmed a damaged plane, and saw a damaged plane on film.  Makes sense to me.

Just saying it's not necessarily what the other guy saw.  Getting in his plane on film and looking out to see his plane on fire doesn't mean the other guy saw himself on fire.

Had he recorded the fight from his end he probably didn't show any damage.

I'm guessing just some lag at work, or another internet hiccup.

I've seen what you're referring to though.  I just saw an incident of it about a week ago.  I ignored the guy since he was no factor in my sortie, and I didn't need another assist.  In that case he got swarmed and pummeled shortly thereafter.   A 190 I believe, flying around on fire with no wings.  Poor fella.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Possible, as 'main fuel' is the thing 90% the time

I was in an "N", and I think it was the Aux tank or one of the wings.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Flaming P47
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »
Most likely lag or a bug, however, there are other possible ways that I don't think the average AH jockey would know however.  But I have too seen this happen a couple times.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights