Author Topic: P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here  (Read 2641 times)

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
I do adimt i do B&Z alot in the 51D,normally im in a B if im going to turn fight.I dont like to get slow in P51s,thats why i Z&B most of the time.Bob if you want to learn the 51 talk to some of the 412's or Grmrpr.

There is good reason not to get slow in a pony, number one being they were designed for high alt, high speed fights.

Most fights in AH are well below that range, therefore a pony must stay fast to survive, u cant ever really fault anyone for flying a plane the way it was designed. Although it is fun to mess with them on 200 in hopes they turn around when they try to get away;)

This is on thing i happen to agree with vans on, I dont think anyone would like to get slow in a pony, because every pony I can catch is one I kill.

Once there caught and have to make a few moves and get there speed low they really start to lose alot of handeling, they are less responsive at low speeds than a corsair.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:32 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL

Once there caught and have to make a few moves and get there speed low they really start to lose alot of handeling, they are less responsive at low speeds than a corsair.

not arguing , just have a different view.... if you practice and fully learn your plane, "not that I suggest flying like this" --->you will find it can do quiet a bit beyond its intended flight/fight envelope...  even when slow.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »
I'd have to agree with TC there Warlock.. the 51 is a very capable plane at low alts and slow speeds, if you can control the plane. Most who can't do BnZ in it, which gives the pony a bad name as a "runner"plane because majority of those who fly it, can't fly it like some of those who were previously mentioned.

What Dedalos said is correct as well as far as the spits, F4s, etc beating the pony. Same thing can be said about the F4 and K4. But those who are good in them, can control their plane at any speed/alt. Which makes not so much the plane itself deadly, but rather the pilots knowledge and skill level.

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2007, 05:41:50 AM »
talk to mus51, hes a great p51 driver:aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2007, 07:46:36 AM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
I'd have to agree with TC there Warlock.. the 51 is a very capable plane at low alts and slow speeds, if you can control the plane. Most who can't do BnZ in it, which gives the pony a bad name as a "runner"plane because majority of those who fly it, can't fly it like some of those who were previously mentioned.

*snicker* How about the ones who do a great 190 land trout impression when caught?
See Rule #4

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2007, 08:00:48 AM »
There is ALWAYS a brand new shiney one waiting in the hangar. Fly it , fight with it , do all sorts of things in it til you learn.

They come off the assembly line faster than you can break em.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles