Author Topic: 68Boomer Kinda Night  (Read 382 times)

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
68Boomer Kinda Night
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »
Flying back to base....3 kills in a 38L (Musta been noobs....I aint that good)

Eyeball a gaggle of red, left, 3 O'clock Low (Resist....Resist)

Roll in, guns blazing (Forgot about Bullseye painted on my tail)

Target fat and lazy, 300 off the nose and level (forgot to look right)

BAM! engine shot from the right, oil all, over the windscreen, time to bug out (wait...I can still see through the streaks...no guts, no glory)

Hmmm...sounds like a tap dance on left wing. Look left, flap missing, wing full of holes (urge to make a Ham and Swiss cheese sandwich occurs)

He He He....little red plane in front turning towards (Great here it comes)

Go vertical.....(Tap Dance moves to right wing)

Looks right and admires 18 hole Golf Course on right wing (I hate Golf)

Twist, Turn, Climb, Loop and Roll, Pony in the gunsight, smash trigger and.........

Well, at least the Coffee in the tower is hot and the beer is cold.

Everyone, no matter when I fly, you all make this game enjoyable for me. I am far from being a good stick, every flight is a learning experience. One of these days you'll say "Oh no here he comes" instead of saying "Time for school"

A special thanks to my Squadies for putting up with my Nugget antics at times.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
68Boomer Kinda Night
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:04:58 PM »
Yeah there are a lot of good people to fly against, and with, in AH. Ive been having a poor tour with my gunnery and last night I finally managed a few kills in KI-67s. I was trying to put a few down that had more then a few holes in them, when a butcher bird smelled my scent and came in. Luckily I saw a few Rooks coming off an airbase on a close by island and they came to my aid.

They threw him off just enough that I got some shots into him and downed him, "I hate Butcher Birds". I was able to land my kills and It never would have happened if a few guys wouldnt have come to my aid.

I haven't landed a few Butcher Birds in awhile. The 190 is my nemesis and after a few days of bad breaks and poor gunnery this one flight meant a lot to me.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
68Boomer Kinda Night
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »
Yeah Boomer,

I have those nights to.  The Precision Squad salutes those in the 68's and love helping you in a mission.  Keep putting them up and we will join in.  

68's, Freebirds, Pigs on the Wings

See ya in the skies!

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Re: 68Boomer Kinda Night
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »
Originally posted by 68Boomer
Flying back to base....3 kills in a 38L (Musta been noobs....I aint that good)
...BAM! engine shot from the right, oil all, over the windscreen, time to bug out (wait...I can still see through the streaks...no guts, no glory)

Oil on the windscreen of a 38?

:noid

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: 68Boomer Kinda Night
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
Oil on the windscreen of a 38?

:noid

Ooooops, my bad...I fly that 38L so much it was kinda automatic...it was a 190...see....can't even figure out what damn plane I am in....LOL