Author Topic: 100 Commodore 64 games in 10 minutes  (Read 599 times)

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
100 Commodore 64 games in 10 minutes
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »
I still have 2 C64s with floppy drives and 2 Amiga 500s. They Rock!

Retro gaming is kind of on-off-on thing, I get the urge maybe 1-2 times a month and spend an evening with all the favourites, and then I can go on with the modern stuff for a couple of weeks :)

Originally posted by john9001
i liked the C64, it had a built in compiler, you could type in a short program (basic) right on the screen and then run it.
Without the C64 (and it's BASIC interpreter), I probably wouldn't be in my current job as it started me on my programming career :) Although, now I'm a software architect, no more coding for me, just drawing some boxes and writing boring documents.

I wonder whether the kids of today get any programming experience when they are young? I started with BASIC when I was 8 or 9 years old, went on to Assembly (68k on Amiga) when I was 15.

[EDIT] Darn, I need to get my hands on Spy vs Spy.. That was fun! And Paradroid, and Boulder Dash, and... Is there a way to transfer those emulator files back to real C64 floppies somehow??? [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:16:15 PM by wasq »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 07:12:10 PM »
Originally posted by wasq
I still have 2 C64s with floppy drives and 2 Amiga 500s. They Rock!

Retro gaming is kind of on-off-on thing, I get the urge maybe 1-2 times a month and spend an evening with all the favourites, and then I can go on with the modern stuff for a couple of weeks :)

Without the C64 (and it's BASIC interpreter), I probably wouldn't be in my current job as it started me on my programming career :) Although, now I'm a software architect, no more coding for me, just drawing some boxes and writing boring documents.

I wonder whether the kids of today get any programming experience when they are young? I started with BASIC when I was 8 or 9 years old, went on to Assembly (68k on Amiga) when I was 15.

[EDIT] Darn, I need to get my hands on Spy vs Spy.. That was fun! And Paradroid, and Boulder Dash, and... Is there a way to transfer those emulator files back to real C64 floppies somehow??? [/EDIT]

A bunch of ways. I think I did this several years ago.

http://www.geocities.com/profdredd/cxfers/cxfers.html
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
(What's the chopper game around 7-8 minutes in?)

“Raid on Bungeling Bay “ published by Broderbund Software.  Brought to us by Will Wright, the Sim City guy.  Great game.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
Originally posted by wasq

Spy vs Spy was one of my favorites..

http://arnold.c64.org/

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 12:00:26 AM »
Law Of The West(I think that was the name) was so frikkin fun. You could hit on the girls and be a drunkin gun toting lawman....I loved it. I liked calling girls painted jezebels and sometimes they would pull a gun on ya. I had so many of those games. The one where you could build your own race track with moon gravity was fun too (Racing Construction?).
Lagger

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
“Raid on Bungeling Bay “ published by Broderbund Software.  Brought to us by Will Wright, the Sim City guy.  Great game.

Thank you...loved that game.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
Mission Imposible, lol.
Ahhh Another Visitor, Stay a while, staaaayy foreveeeeeeeerrr.

LOL! I forgot about that.  Yep, good stuff. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac