Author Topic: End of ENY  (Read 1251 times)

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
End of ENY
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »
It is the last straw when you are having a bad day. This is a War Game, not a girls vollyball party.  

I'll bet I'm not alone in this...

:furious

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of ENY
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Originally posted by jazzman1315

I'll bet I'm not alone in this...

:furious

I bet to the contrary. Well, actually, I dont. But the whole eny arguement is stupid.

What planes are denied to you by eny? P51? Go P51B. La7? Go La 5. Spit 8/ 16? Go Spit 9. There is little/ no performance loss between them, and eny rarely goes over 20. So, theres no problem.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: End of ENY
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »
Originally posted by jazzman1315
It is the last straw when you are having a bad day. This is a War Game, not a girls vollyball party.  

The emphasis is on GAME, so ENY has a reason and will stay for sure :)

And the game isn't responsible for your bad day anyway.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
End of ENY
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »
I believe ENY does its intended job very well, and that's to prevent a country with a mass number advantage from taking the "better" planes. Motherland has the idea, which I always do when eny kicks in. If you can't fly spit 16's and 14's, take an 8. If you can't take the 8 then take the 9. If you can't take the 9, take the 5. If you can't even take the 5 then there's always the 1 which is always unaffected by eny :D .

I think HT should get rid of ENY for 1 tour and watch as people flood the BB with cries for ENY to come back because its unfair for "The Bish" or "The Rooks" or "The Nits" to have 60 more players on and all in La-7's and spit 16's.

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
End of ENY
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
Oh well, if I was a better pilot I probably wouldn't care. Thanks for the response, anyway. I suppose it would be better if I refrained from posting when I'm hot.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
End of ENY
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
ENY will not go.

Say you were on a low number side. Would you rather be fighting LA7 vs LA7? Or LA7 vs F4F.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
End of ENY
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:13:05 PM »
I support the eny rules and I understand why they are in place. Besides it gives me a good reason to jump into KI-67s.:D
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
End of ENY
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »
See my sig
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
End of ENY
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
Originally posted by Solar10
See my sig

:rofl
Thats how I feel sometimes. Since I dont fly anything under 20 eny beside the 262 and 163 (109K- 20, 109G14- 20, 109G2- 30, 190A5- 25, 190A8...- 31 I think?) I dont know that eny's high until someone starts complaining about it.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
End of ENY
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:21:16 PM »
Generally when ENY becomes a factor, I just hit harder the side with the lowest numbers even harder.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline 68ptdapp

• Zinc Member
End of ENY
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 10:30:07 PM »
LEARN THE OTHER PLANES AND YOU WONT WORRY BOUT THE ENY

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
End of ENY
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 04:50:59 AM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Generally when ENY becomes a factor, I just hit harder the side with the lowest numbers even harder.

Why does this not surprise me.
See Rule #4

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
End of ENY
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:44:55 AM »
Did you log off?  If so, isn't ENY doing exactly what it was meant to?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
End of ENY
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »
There is an alternative to the perk/ENY system where players can all get the planes they want but they 'pay' for using the perk rides in TIME.

This is done by 'layering' the aircraft availability list per field.

Each country has only one or 2 'big' fields WAAAAY back in its rear area that can spawn these aircraft (me262, ta152,me163, arado,etc).

As airfields get closer to the front line, they lose availability to use the later-war aircraft.

Hence we would get the first layer of fields at the very front line to be composed entirely of early and early-mid-war aircaft (1938-1940 planes), the airfields located behind the early fields would have mid-war aircraft (1941-43) and the layer of fields behind those has the late war aircraft (1944-45). Finally, the fields farthest from the front have the perk aircraft. Of course, each field will have the aircraft list from the previous layer (aka mid-war fields will have early war planes available as well).

As a country captures airfields from the other side, they gain the field list as-is (aka if they capture a mid-war field then they get to fly mid-war and early planes out of it).

This allows for the defending country to have an advantage in aircraft quality while at the same time the attacker has an initial disadvantage (defenders can up quickly in later-war rides and have shorter time to target while attackers have longer time to target and their closest fields can only up earlier war aircraft.. UNTIL the captured field is up and running and can spawn planes that is).

This allows for a better control of perk aircraft and late-war high performance rides to prevent them from dominating the game. For example the LA7 would not be as prevalent on the front line since its got short legs..and anyone wanting to fly the La7 will need to fly it from 3-4 fields behind their own lines (stopping for gas at some friendly field before reaching the front). Same with a me262.

It does NOT prevent anyone from flying any aircraft.. it merely controls the presence of the higher-performing planes by time-to-target. And if you think about it.. if you flying an La7 3 fields away to a fight, its probably not in your best interest to HO the first enemy plane you see or go suicide charging red planes.. we may see a lot of higher-quality dogfights with this system.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
End of ENY
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 06:45:18 PM »
I like that idea Tac...but....  What happens when you NOE raid/take a base in the back?  Can you then up late war planes behind the enemy lines?  

ENY sucks but it works!
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."