Author Topic: the joys of driving in canada (or service center incompetence)  (Read 216 times)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
the joys of driving in canada (or service center incompetence)
« on: November 23, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »
friday:

i decide that as it is the season, the tires on my car need to be changed for something a bit more appropriate. so i drop into kal-tire on my way home from work and arrange for new winter tires. get quoted for $106 a tire and am told they will be in on tuesday.

Tuesday,

i drive my car to work (i have a 30 minute commute to a different town and am usually given a ride from co-workers)

2:00 we get snowed out, and head home early. i drop off my car and get a ride home with a co-worker. specifically asking if my tires are in and being told yes.

4:30 phone call from slightly embarrassed  employee telling me that my tires were not there and would be in on friday.

today:
drop the car off on the way in and go back to pick it up at lunchtime...only to be told that they had ordered in the wrong size of tires...

so they throw on some better ones they had in stock and drop the price from $160 a tire to $127.

worth the minor inconvenience.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:13:07 AM »
was that $106 a typo?
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

storch

Re: the joys of driving in canada (or service center incompetence)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:01:05 AM »
Originally posted by vorticon
friday:

i decide that as it is the season, the tires on my car need to be changed for something a bit more appropriate. so i drop into kal-tire on my way home from work and arrange for new winter tires. get quoted for $106 a tire and am told they will be in on tuesday.

Tuesday,

i drive my car to work (i have a 30 minute commute to a different town and am usually given a ride from co-workers)

2:00 we get snowed out, and head home early. i drop off my car and get a ride home with a co-worker. specifically asking if my tires are in and being told yes.

4:30 phone call from slightly embarrassed  employee telling me that my tires were not there and would be in on friday.

today:
drop the car off on the way in and go back to pick it up at lunchtime...only to be told that they had ordered in the wrong size of tires...

so they throw on some better ones they had in stock and drop the price from $160 a tire to $127.

worth the minor inconvenience.
snow???? snoway!!!!!  excuse me as I swim in the lake for a bit.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
was that $106 a typo?

$106 Canadian.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
$106 Canadian.

$105 U.S. :p
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'