Author Topic: Loss of perks due to B.A.C.. ?  (Read 609 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Loss of perks due to B.A.C.. ?
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:43 PM »
after seeing the flood of responses to my "Flying Drunk" thread.. I think it would be interesting to hear some stories about poor decisions in perk rides derived while under the influence...  

my best (worst)  experience was a couple of weeks ago..

I noticed that I could afford a 234  and promptly found myself on the runway, with 2 jet engines, 2 bombs, 2 rato packs, and some beer..

I fire her up and start rolling, this is a busy base so planes are upping and rolling through me and I through them..

3/4 of the way down the runway and at about 120kts I decide to fire the Ratos pods..

but instead I fire the rear cannons, and shoot the B25 behind me right in the face..  instant death   70 perks down the drain.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »
Oh my - clean up in aisle 3...sorry, but that had me spitting coffee all over the place here..........

As to perk rides, I got nothing......

:aok

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »
I don't make it into the MA as often as I'd like, spending most of my time in the special events arena.

Needless to say, I don't gain perks very quickly.

So, the squad night when we all chose to grab AR234s and have fun found me forgetting to uncheck the formation button.  I launch 3.  Don't realize they are back there, lose them.  I'm also at the wrong base, and in a hurry to get with the squad I pooch my landing.  

3 perk rides down in under 2 minutes.

Quickly, to get with the squad, I rinse and repeat.  Of course, I still forgot to uncheck the formations, and didn't quite change bases.

Ticked off, I auger the buggers, only to find I don't have enough to get a single plane up after that point.

Which is when I opted to Start drinking when I fly as I was stone cold sober for that one.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Re: Loss of perks due to B.A.C.. ?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by Wingnutt
.....but instead I fire the rear cannons, and shoot the B25 behind me right in the face..  instant death   70 perks down the drain.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »
Puhleeze.

I got that so beat.

Two weeks ago, I was drinking Capt. Morgan.  I KNEW I was loaded.

Anyway, ROCKDOG came up with the brilliant idea to take up 262's.  They were like 174 perks.  It went something like this:

"Hey man, let's take up some 262's."

"No way, dude, I'm way to drunk to fly a 262, and besides, they're 174 perks!"

"C'mon man..."

"Let's just take up zeros or something..."

"C'mon man...you'll be fine.  Just stay fast."

5 minutes later....Flying towards a whole wad of red dots on the deck...

"Alright, I'm in."

"Just stay fast dude, you'll be fine."

..."I'm down."

"You're what?"

"AFK for a few."

Basically I rolled in on a Typhoon at 450 or so, not realizing he was facing me, not going away from me.  Got shot in the face point blank and sent right to the tower, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  

I'm not taking up another 262 till I make up the 174 perks, which will be in a few months I guess.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
with 2 jet engines, 2 bombs, 2 rato packs, and some beer..
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »
Well at least you were trying to fly with the joystick instead of the beer bottle...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:48:28 PM by Erkel »
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »
after seeing the flood of responses to my "Flying Drunk" thread.. I think it would be interesting to hear some stories about poor decisions in perk rides derived while under the influence...  

I noticed that I could afford a 234  and promptly found myself on the runway, with 2 jet engines, 2 bombs, 2 rato packs, and some beer..

I fire her up and start rolling, this is a busy base so planes are upping and rolling through me and I through them..

3/4 of the way down the runway and at about 120kts I decide to fire the Ratos pods..

but instead I fire the rear cannons, and shoot the B25 behind me right in the face..  instant death   70 perks down the drain.

This is WHY we no longer allow wingnutt into bombers and attempt to limit his intake of...ummm...JUICE...it is for his own protection ..

Kevin

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Loss of perks due to B.A.C.. ?
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »
Originally posted by falcon23
This is WHY we no longer allow wingnutt into bombers and attempt to limit his intake of...ummm...JUICE...it is for his own protection ..

Kevin

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »

Dude, after 3 1/2 years of flying drunk, countless 1000's of perk rides augered into ground being...........aggressively toxicated!:aok fun fun fun...then next day countless.....what a moron, what a moron reflections!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »
Originally posted by Wingnutt but instead I fire the rear cannons, and shoot the B25 behind me right in the face..  instant death   70 perks down the drain. [/B]

Still laughing :lol

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »
I take up a 262 to go kill AKAK. I find him and die. Killshooters a *****!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »
Have you beat.

Went to up an Ar-234. Forgot to un-check formations so there I am sitting on the runway with 3 planes at almost 90 perks apiece. No biggie have plenty of bomber perks. Take off and about that time my daughter walks in to ask me something. Set auto climb, turn around to speak to my little girl, turn back just in time to watch my entire formation auger into the ground.

OK get up and get anouther beer.

Sit back down and decide to up a 262 at around 190 perks. Take off, fly to the furball and start making high speed passes through the middle of it. From 10K or so look down and see an La-7 chasing a squadie so.......I MUST race in to defend my squadie right??? Full power, push the nose over at 10K and head for the deck. At around 3K I realize the controls are no longer accepting pilot input. Smack into the water at around 600MPH indicated.

All in all I lost between 450-500 perks in about a ten minute time frame with nothing to show for it but a broken headset when I threw it into the wall over the computer.

I logged and went to watch TV after that.:rofl
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"