Author Topic: P40-E Film  (Read 849 times)

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
P40-E Film
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
I made a Quick Film of a couple sorties in LW arena with the P40-E.

Enjoy... Comments always welcome

P40-E

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
P40-E Film
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »
Well, I must congratulate you on the intro for coming up with all the "P's". Although I feel the intro couldve used some more energetic music to get you into the "P-40E" mood. Great job on the views, I take it you were moving it manually in the FV? Here's a hint on views for next time you make a film using the FV:

Press F11 then F8. Now select the aircraft you want the camera to automatically follow with the "Tab" button. That should reduce your workload and allow you to focus on more importing things such as sounds and editing the footage.

There are some downsides to your footage, first of all, it's too long of a film. Not a lot of people stick around to watch an 11:14 film unless it's action pumping out of the speakers and monitor. Also I was quite disappointed to see you steal (Yes STEAL) a kill at the 6:00 mark. Also, around the 7:00 mark you Head-On a P-47. Lot's of film watchers here are the more "proper pilots" of AH and absolutely detest seeing such a sight. So next time try to show us footage of your "lucky shots from behind".

Hopefully some of those hints will help you improve your filming skills.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »
cool movie, Great aircraft! although i agree with Den that it is a little bit long running at 11mins.

well done!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »
Ty for the critiques..

That "kill steal" was something I never do and thought that would be a subject matter which is why I put it in the film. However my reason was to see if anyone else would see it the way I did. I was working that F4U and that "friendly" was in a position to see that I was on him. No asking, and he jumped the plane anyhow. My point in that was he snatching the kill I worked for so I put a "couple" rounds into him when his tail came off. Yes it was intentional and yes I left it in intentionally to see if it would be mentioned. Thank You for your point and my basic question was answered. I take it that that is not acceptable. I try and never jump a fight when a guy is dead six and firing , unless he needs help and I ask, I find that unacceptable.

As far as the P-47 didnt consider that head on he did not have gun solution I did. But again I left this in to get reaction. Thanks for your points.

And some of those "lucky shots from behind" were very long range but more than trying to hit the targets I was trying to force them to turn instead of extending away as I was not going to catch them :lol

I never knew that about the film viewer so thanks for your input. Next films I do, and I dont do alot of them will be much shorter.

Den & Bat thanks for all the input guys any more would be welcome:aok

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
i know what you mean, when youre having a good fight and some monkey blows through from above and steals it right as you are about to have a shot. then i think its fair to have a little pop as you go by just to see who you were fighting, if you hadnt hit him already at some point.

if you get the kill then the uninvited picker has no leg to stand on anyhow.

now if the other friendly is helping you when you are losing, making the bandit turn off you so you can come around safe instead of running, or such like performances, then you dont have a leg to stand on stealing his kill when you would have died 1 on 1.

geuss its part of the ROE here that some people find easy and dont even think about and a few randoms totaly ignore.

at the end of the day is combat with planes, there isnt a rule book.

act in whatever way you like as long as you feel good about it. if you steal one of my kills i would call you names on my squad vox but let you have your fun unmolested. i can find plently more. If you try to steal it and miss i will taunt you mercilessly in public :D

S!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:58:09 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
P40-E Film
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 08:47:17 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
...If you try to steal it and miss i will taunt you mercilessly in public :D...

:lol
FlameThink.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
P40-E Film
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:49:37 AM »
So whats your ideal length for you Denholm?  5-6min max?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
I will watch the film later, but can't right now (school time :) ). Working on a P-40 film of mine own right now and hoping to get it up soon.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
P40-E Film
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »
Fulmar, it definitely depends on how the film is laid out. Typically I prefer a film that spans the length of the music you're playing. However I can be easily enticed to watch further if the first sequence of action that spanned the first choice of music has plenty of action shots and is synchronized nicely into the music.
FlameThink.com

Offline p40love

• Zinc Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »
Very nice i also fly the p-40E on the MA late war server, my name is           p-47love  on game (yes i know it dont make sense but i love p-47 in real life not in game) and for the 3 months ive played AH i used p-40E only and now i play for an hour or two and i kill p-51s, spits, mossys, la-7's and other top end ffighters. i shot down 7 planes today after an hours play :P.
Im not that good, but im looking for a squad that uses p-40's so if anyone can help me i would be apreciative of it.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
P40-E Film
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 02:09:09 AM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Well, I must congratulate you on the intro for coming up with all the "P's". Although I feel the intro couldve used some more energetic music to get you into the "P-40E" mood.

I agree with denholm. Most of my songs that are on my average/cruddy videos are always with songs that get you kind of pumped up. Those were kind of soft songs for fighting. You should have put in like  "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed :lol. No not really, but if you are going to put in what sounds like green day (i may be wrong i dont listen to em much) put in when i come around or even 1 of their newer songs. but great video sad to find out u rook though :( but atleast you killing knits instead of bishies :D
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
P40-E Film
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
Taking a while to load up.....
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Not to bad.  I enjoyed it.:aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
P40-E Film
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:45 AM »
Incase you guys don't know, this is an old film revived thanks to p40love.
FlameThink.com

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
P40-E Film
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Incase you guys don't know, this is an old film revived thanks to p40love.

lol So it is.  Shows how much I pay attention.

donkey
2sBlind