Author Topic: Memorable Spawn Campers  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Reapr

• Zinc Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
From what I can see spawn camping isn't a defensive tactic as much as its a Lifestyle. I mean how else can people consistently get 300 or 400+ kills in GVs to 20 or 30 deaths in 100 or so sorties?

At least with Vulchers you have a fighting chance. What chance do you have popping up in the exact same location in a GV, engines off, with some score potato sitting there shooting everyone unlucky enough to spawn?

Its no more a defensive tactic to help your team then jumping into a bomber a dozen times a month is, climbing to 25,000', and dropping on some lonely strat, with 90 people signed on, while never seeing a dar bar light up.

In all fairness the ones who spawn camp also know how to clear out a spawn in a matter of seconds without useing bombs. Everyone was talking about Dr7 always spawn camping but he can kill you face to face at 6k just as easily.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »
I LIKE CANDY CANES :D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »
Actually, my reference to DR7 was in the context of me camping and him hitting me from 4K-5K out.:O
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »
I enjoy it sometimes, it is fun to see how many times someone will try to up before realizeing it is hopeless,then goes to get some ord. Usually newbies are the worst (or most frequent), but you will get a few older players that fight the camp. I have done it and upped 10 times in a tiger once not even thinking, then someone will LOL on 200 and remind me what a moron i look like.
The best place to camp in the game as it is now is the pt spawns, if you can get into place in another pt. Me and another player got over 35 kills each and landed them. i didnt even know how to land a pt boat till that day!
Ambush, is what it is called in the real world and it is a vital tactic,the game is what it is but the spawn camp is vital as well!

It is also a good way for a small number of defenders to protect a base from capture!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline LTARghst

• Copper Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 10:11:27 PM »
Spawn Camping can be fun AND Boring. But there is nothing more fun than breaking a spawn camp, other than breaking a VH camp. The other day popped out of a VH camp an killed 3 Campers HeHe MRmeaty). You can tell in God Mode who know what their doing an who doesn't by the way they set up. Same goes for Spawn camping. The people who complain about this is the ones who reSpawn constantly and Die.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 01:35:29 AM »
I guess if HT didn't want spawn camping they wouldn't allow maps with opposing spawns right next to one another huh?  These are sometimes some of the best GV battles in the game.

BTW Rich, vulching and the "mutt killing airplanes still on the runway" are also sometimes known as "capping a base".  :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2007, 10:40:05 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I guess if HT didn't want spawn camping they wouldn't allow maps with opposing spawns right next to one another huh?  These are sometimes some of the best GV battles in the game.

BTW Rich, vulching and the "mutt killing airplanes still on the runway" are also sometimes known as "capping a base".  :rolleyes:

Naw I think any mutt who would kill a damaged fighter landing, with wheels on runway, is a "mutt killing airplanes on runway". I remember now that particular mutt. He tried to shoot up a damaged fighter in the final stages of landing until I zapped him.

I always though "capping a base" meant establishing air superiority on it, not 'shooting airplanes still on the runway". Ive spent some time in GVs and land guns and very rarely see mutts killing airplanes on runways, so, in that respect Im glad in that most in AH have honor.

And really Eagle I cant see you doing it either. You've been around to long to shoot airplanes still on the runways. Im just glad I fly bombers.

Yaknow the more and more I learn about this game the less I give "WTGs" after a landing message. I have to know the guy now, or they have to be landing bombers.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
me i am a master of it but i quit.
:cool:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »
Originally posted by kennyhayes
me i am a master of it but i quit.
:cool:

Sure you are a master.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
smart tactic,laser rangefinder  firstshotkillers,sneaky not campers only: LTARs, dr7,baba,TopGunz,GENRLX,Chalenge ,Lynx,Pacerr and few more

Good to see you posting again ghi... We miss you in Bishland, and hope to see you in tha MA soon my friend!

My vote goes to (In no particular order) Dr7, Wonder, Lynx, & Rondar. Is it a cooincidence that most are rooks?

It seems to me that rooks spend more time camping spawns than the knights... We bishops Never:rolleyes: camp a spawn... do we? :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl

Agreed BE...

Is camping the runway of an airbase considered the same as camping a spawn? If so then I am guilty. I kinda like to spawn to an airbase, kill the ack on the takeoff end and park a panzer near the refuel point and watch the mayhem begin. It is fun to see 10 guys upping  (after being tooled on engine start up a few times) to kill a tank especially if I've had time to zap the ord and VH before they get "wise" to whats happening. This usually works better at a small base. And usually gets a better (more frenzied) reaction from the rooks. The kinghts seem to ignore the camped runway after figuring out whats going on, and up buffs from the next base and send me to the tower with surprizing regularity.

Is there anyting wrong with getting 5-10 guys off the front line to hunt me down, leaving my squaddies with fewer "bad" guys to deal with?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 10:10:55 AM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
We bishops Never:rolleyes: camp a spawn... do we? :lol

Bish would like to, but they can't find the spawn :p
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
DR7....is the best and most respected spawn camper/Gver.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »
My opinion? Which dont mean much I admit. I'd say "no". Any GV coming out of a Vh is a legitimate target and not spawn camping. First off the one killing you had to motor some ways to get to the point to where they can lay on a VH. Its the responsibility of the opposing team to watch for advancing GVs and deal with them. Plus theres the fact that everyone knows where a VH is at where'as only seasoned players, "or those that change sides to spy", know where spawn points are.

I got clobbered coming out of a VH a few times in a row yesterday by a GV and I had no problem with that. Anyone that can maneuver that close deserves it.

You have to spawn somewheres right? And the game controls that. To me it aint the same as spawn camping and is legitimate play.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Memorable Spawn Campers
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
[snip]Plus theres the fact that everyone knows where a VH is at where'as only seasoned players, "or those that change sides to spy", know where spawn points are.[snip]

Can you clearify?  The clipboard map shows you where the spawn points are..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org