Author Topic: Wierd warping issues  (Read 230 times)

Offline breadroll

• Zinc Member
      • Mach One Manuals
Wierd warping issues
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:11:32 AM »
Hi guys,

For about 2-3 months now I have been having issues when I play the game, whether it is online or offline. Now I know that my machine isn't the flashest out there. A PIII 1.7Ghz Laptop, 512Mb RAM, standard gear for something about 2 years old. Anyway my problem is that for some reason I can start up and fly for a few minutes without probs, but then my frame rate drops from around 30-40 to 10-15. This continues for about a minute or so, and then it will increase to about 2-3 time the normal pace, as if I was flying in 'Accelerated time mode'. This stops and goes back to normal after about 30-60 seconds. Throughout this wacky period  I get terrible warping.

I have tried changing game resolution, had problems with my internet connection fixed, tried frreing up memory but nothing seems to work.

Please help me!!

Thanks in advance.
Proudly Aussie Member of the Raw Prawns

Owner of Mach One Manuals - Aircraft Manuals From The Dawn Of Aviation To The Present Day

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Wierd warping issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »
Bread,
What are your present video settings? from the splash screen.

Max texture size and the other settings?

I dont know anything about these things but lets go through it.

Also how many processes do you have running on your machine before you play?

JR
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Wierd warping issues
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »
Lot of room there to work with. Have you checked system temp? JR is on the right trail though, It's seems to be a resource issue. What are your power settings? Maybe some of your memory went bad. Had that happen before. Have you upgraded or changed any programs?

That's about all I know.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter