Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 4823 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Nothing to see here, move along
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »
Originally posted by kilz
See Rule #5

FACT 1: You can only do one two week trial because HTC logs IP addresses and other data unique to a specific computer (also they uses cookies, but thats no big deal).

FACT 2: There are MANY people with shade accounts. It has been well documented on this forum.

FACT 3: If HTC didn't want users with two accounts they could stop it as easily as stopping a person from having a continous string of two week "trials".

FACT 4: Yes there was spying and espionage in WW2, (Here's the but monkey) BUT the countries had counterinteligence branches to counter it, we have no such thing in AH2. During WW2 spys were shot when exposed... What can we do about dual account spys? Complain lamely, or spend our subscription fees eleswhere... That's IT!

Granted there are instances where two individuals share a computer and both play AH2, But I would submit to the readers of this forum that these are few and far between. There are far more that use two accounts to malevolent ends.

Conclusion: It is up to HTC Tech Support Staff (Sorry Skuzzy) to expose and end the practice of dual account spying, as it ruins the experience of the game for many users (if you think this brand of spying is OK then you  probably are a spy IMHO). I feel that it the worst sort of "gaming the game". What other recourse do we have? We cant hunt them down and execute them like the combatants did in WW2 can we?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:45:55 AM by Skuzzy »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
FACT 1: You can only do one two week trial because HTC logs IP addresses and other data unique to a specific computer (also they uses cookies, but thats no big deal).

FACT 2: There are MANY people with shade accounts. It has been well documented on this forum.

FACT 3: If HTC didn't want users with two accounts they could stop it as easily as stopping a person from having a continous string of two week "trials".

FACT 4: Yes there was spying and espionage in WW2, (Here's the but monkey) BUT the countries had counterinteligence branches to counter it, we have no such thing in AH2. During WW2 spys were shot when exposed... What can we do about dual account spys? Complain lamely, or spend our subscription fees eleswhere... That's IT!

Granted there are instances where two individuals share a computer and both play AH2, But I would submit to the readers of this forum that these are few and far between. There are far more that use two accounts to malevolent ends.

Conclusion: It is up to HTC Tech Support Staff (Sorry Skuzzy) to expose and end the practice of dual account spying, as it ruins the experience of the game for many users (if you think this brand of spying is OK then you  probably are a spy IMHO). I feel that it the worst sort of "gaming the game". What other recourse do we have? We cant hunt them down and execute them like the combatants did in WW2 can we?

yeah, this is what iwas trying to say, just better worded.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
Originally posted by MajIssue

But how do you determine which person that has multiple accounts isn't using them in a legitimate way?  I believe that Toons has like 4 accounts and plays them at the same time.  The name might not be correct but I've seen him with 4 sets of buffs flying in formation and there is nothing wrong with that.  Some folks can multi-task better than others and it is their money.  Yes I agree that those that use a shades to cause mischief are lame and nothing more than loosers but you do have to put up with the abusers and not punish those who are using multiple accounts for legit purposes.  Just my opinion.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
How do you make that determination? Easy, you can't, unless the players are blatant about it. In that case, you rely on the players involved to reveal any shenanigans, so you still haven't made that call.

I would wager that there are far more people who communicate with other players in order to rat out missions or headhunt players, than there are folks maintaining two accounts to do the same thing. I know quite a few who maintain numerous accounts, and none of those folks bother with squeaker missions. I'm not saying there aren't any such players, but I seriously doubt it's as widespread as Raider would have us believe.

Raider seems to have a general paranoia regarding new accounts, and I suspect that he's simply unwilling to admit that his lack of success is due to his own mistakes, and a single incident in which he's killed by a name he doesn't recognize, or told by another that someone sold his mission out, is all it takes to trigger one of these breakdowns.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
Originally posted by Nwbie
Lute :cry
:cry  
:cry
My head hertz :cry

I ain't a reading that wall of text.  

"oh Lute, send all that to Gian.
he might learn something from it."

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 12:06:36 PM »
I hope HTC never limits people to only 1 account.  Shadez are the essence of this game.  Most entertainment you can have for $45/month (one for each country...)
:D   :noid

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Damn shade accounts
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2007, 12:22:07 PM »
Originally posted by raider73
today i encountered a guy making shade accounts.

How many did he make?  Just a few or was he churning them out?
How long did it take to make each one?  
Where did he put them when they were done?

Curious minds want to know.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Re: Damn shade accounts
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2007, 12:43:29 PM »
today i encountered a guy making shade accounts.

in-game name "fostergrant" ?

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Damn shade accounts
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
Originally posted by xbrit
in-game name "fostergrant" ?

xbrit is a shade account
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
I am conveying a response from Mrs. South Carolina about this subject and here is what she had to say...

"I personally believe that some people out there like the tazor don't have  brains.......and shades accounts such as the tazor and thee zoozooo such as, are stupid and we need to help these people   such as tazor because some people such as, south african's don't have brains and we need to help these people so that we can build up our future."

TY

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 02:03:50 PM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
not that i care too terribly much I did just have a thought about an earlier comment.

whenever someone complains about spies, someone almost always says "well its war and spies come with war"

thats just st00pid.....

Yes it is true.  It is just a game.  When ever I see someone post, saying "spies in war," I generally view it as a rib to those who will tell you the game is made to be played as a strat game.  They generally squawk at you when you are not doing what they want you to, and often complain about spies.  It's more tongue-in-cheek from people who don't view this game as a real war.  Then again, maybe people actually think this way, and I'm not taking it the right way.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »
HTC would be stupid to ban shade accounts. they are never going to do anything that limits the ammount of money they get.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2007, 02:44:39 PM »
See Rules #8, #9
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:48:32 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »
See Rules #8, #9

If you don't care, why did you create this thread to begin with?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:48:55 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Nope, sometimes its about spies, shades, and cheaters.

How 'bout.... campers, rammers and HOers.  Ohh my. ;)
See Rule #4