Author Topic: Barter System  (Read 601 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Barter System
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:40:13 AM »
Willing to trade one of the below for a provided service.

On the Barter trade block I have:

A Black and Yellow 1968 California License plate availible for Garage mounting.

A Pioneer Sound System from my once owned  '78 BMW, includes Power Amp and Reverb.

A Bee Hive air intake cleaner for a '69 Camero.

A rick of chopped wood.

a Sushi Dinner prepared by my Asian Wife at a good resturant here in Tulsa, OK..*you must pay for the travel both ways*.

The best dam KimChi you have ever tasted, 1 Month personal supply.

The service I request for any transaction of the above:

I have a impacted Molar, upper right rear that is killing me.
Leave no scars, no facial deformaties, remove the molar.
You may also have the tooth as your own for Dental Insurance claims or the Tooth Fairy.

Both transactions must be completed within 3 Days of this posting.

Please only serious inquiries please.

Mac

This is some serious chit!!!! Please, This is no joke.
I have no Dental Insurance and this is to close to Christmas.

The pain is killing me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:57:22 AM by AWMac »

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Barter System
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
How old is Kim Chi?  Is she in the country legally?

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Barter System
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »
the reasons I :rofl  are too many to list.

http://www.medicinenet.com/toothache/article.htm

best bet is go to dentist and work something out with payment. Or go get you one of THESE

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Barter System
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »
Holy ****! You still have teeth?

:D

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Barter System
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03:37 AM »
I'll trade my belly button lint collection for the whole lot. Its stored in a mason jar and quite possilby be enough to knit a cozy winter sweater. Jar included of course.

PS You may need to boil off the lint to separate any unwanted funk and hair.

~AoM~

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Barter System
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »
Go to your local Catholic Hospital that has a Dental School.  Here in OKC it's St. Anthony's.  I'm sure Tulsa has one as well.

Show up EARLY.  6am early.  Go the the ER and report your tooth and the huge amound of pain you are in.

The ER will "bump" you to the top @ the Dental School.

@ 8-9am ish you will be in front of a Dentist, and a student Dentist.

They will either fix, or extract the molar.

If you can not pay your bill by the end of the next fiscal year, the Catholic Dioces in Tulsa will.

I had a roomate do this once.

I also know of a charity here in OKC called Ministries of Jesus that will also do it for free.  You might call them @ 405.340.7400

(and p.m. me y'er #.  I might be in T-town in early Jan. and would love to shake hands and put a face to the name)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Barter System
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:51:56 AM »
Lute's right. A dental school is a good bet. I've been told by those in the know (never had a cavity myself) that they actually provide pretty excellent treatment. I've been told better than many private dentists/orthodontists.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Barter System
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:22:53 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Holy ****! You still have teeth?

this was one reason I was :rofl

and the Kimchi looks like it would be good eating  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi

are you gonna post how to make or we gonna have to look for ourselves?

how to on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbBHHbFn5p4
or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyTVVJ76z7M&NR=1 has recipe too

wow lot of vids on youtube on how to make Kimchi
another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBR91ypxk4&NR=1

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Barter System
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 03:23:58 PM »
Wifey has secret Korean Family recipe on making Kim Chi.  Several kinds of Kim Chi.

~Latest Update~

Number 1 Daughter called a place that would extract molar.  A place called "Dental Care".  Someone had cancelled a 9am appointment and I was a fill in at last minute. Daughter number 1 is working as a Orthodontist Assistant... But not at this place.  *Note Number 1 Daughter, 24 years old,  and I are to much the same and bump heads all the time... she is beautiful, yet stubborn as Hell*

Number 2 Daughter could not resist the adventure and came along as Number 1 Daughters comical sidekick.  Number 2 Daughter is 19 years old and is exceptionally stunning. *Note: I make good Babies. Film at 11. Irish/German mixed with Korean Blood* *Extra Note: Sorry above said Daughters are spoken for.*

Upon arrival I glance at the neon sign and mention "Dental Care...?"
Daughter 1: "No Dad it's Day Care, we're just dropping you off."
Daughter 2: *Laughter* "Don't worry we'll pick you up on Christmas."
Myself: In too much pain to laugh, I see where this is going...

Inside reception room. Number 1 Daughter grabs clipboard with forms...smiles at me. Looks at Number 2 Daughter..Laughter and both look at me squinting quizically reading medical questions off of the forms...as if I'm under interogation.

Number 1 Daughter reading to me each question aloud as if I am deaf, dumb and blind... Number 2 Daughter laughs with each question....Both Daughters have the Receptionists..plural... and others waiting full attention to the questions and my answers.  *Note: I'm wondering now if maybe an impacted molar really isn't that bad to have.. The feeling of Fear and Flee sets in.*

Question: What medications are you presently taking?
Daughter 1 "Holy crap can I get an additional blank sheet of paper here?"
Daughter 2 "Dad we might need to reschedule this for next week..."
After I list 3 meds Daughter 1 says "We'll just put ECT for the rest...."

On

and On

and On...

Receptionists *plural* are roaring as are others in the recption room with each question.   Apparently they caught on to what is happening...While I myself am in too much pain to laugh.  *Coal in Christmas stockings comes to mind*

Now I am handed the clipboard for signatures and Daughter 1 states that this is only for the donation of my organs.... hands me the pen.

"Sign Ze Papers here, und here and und here..." in the coldest tone of voice imaginable. Scared me to hear it also.  I dropped the pen, turned my head sideways and begin to "Sign Language" my name upon each form, hand thumping hard upon the clipboard.

This kinda caused an uproar of laughter within the whole reception room.. I was seen immediately...

More to follow....  *molar extracted for $137.00*
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:29:12 PM by AWMac »

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Barter System
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »
I've had the priviledge of eating Kimchee while in Korea.

I almost died.

Stuff is literally like Wasabi only that the burn doesnt go away instantly like Wasabi does.. it stays in your mouth like a jalapeño.

and those lunatics smear this on their morning eggs. :p

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Barter System
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 05:06:33 PM »
:rofl  @ Mac. not a bad price.

ewwww Tac, did it burn on the way out too?

from my understanding of Kimchi, it is basically fremented cabbage with whatever fillings etc you want to add to it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Barter System
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
How old is Kim Chi?  Is she in the country legally?
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Barter System
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Wifey has secret Korean Family recipe on making Kim Chi.  Several kinds of Kim Chi.

~Latest Update~

Number 1 Daughter called a place that would extract molar.  A place called "Dental Care".  Someone had cancelled a 9am appointment and I was a fill in at last minute. Daughter number 1 is working as a Orthodontist Assistant... But not at this place.  *Note Number 1 Daughter, 24 years old,  and I are to much the same and bump heads all the time... she is beautiful, yet stubborn as Hell*

Number 2 Daughter could not resist the adventure and came along as Number 1 Daughters comical sidekick.  Number 2 Daughter is 19 years old and is exceptionally stunning. *Note: I make good Babies. Film at 11. Irish/German mixed with Korean Blood* *Extra Note: Sorry above said Daughters are spoken for.*

Upon arrival I glance at the neon sign and mention "Dental Care...?"
Daughter 1: "No Dad it's Day Care, we're just dropping you off."
Daughter 2: *Laughter* "Don't worry we'll pick you up on Christmas."
Myself: In too much pain to laugh, I see where this is going...

Inside reception room. Number 1 Daughter grabs clipboard with forms...smiles at me. Looks at Number 2 Daughter..Laughter and both look at me squinting quizically reading medical questions off of the forms...as if I'm under interogation.

Number 1 Daughter reading to me each question aloud as if I am deaf, dumb and blind... Number 2 Daughter laughs with each question....Both Daughters have the Receptionists..plural... and others waiting full attention to the questions and my answers.  *Note: I'm wondering now if maybe an impacted molar really isn't that bad to have.. The feeling of Fear and Flee sets in.*

Question: What medications are you presently taking?
Daughter 1 "Holy crap can I get an additional blank sheet of paper here?"
Daughter 2 "Dad we might need to reschedule this for next week..."
After I list 3 meds Daughter 1 says "We'll just put ECT for the rest...."

On

and On

and On...

Receptionists *plural* are roaring as are others in the recption room with each question.   Apparently they caught on to what is happening...While I myself am in too much pain to laugh.  *Coal in Christmas stockings comes to mind*

Now I am handed the clipboard for signatures and Daughter 1 states that this is only for the donation of my organs.... hands me the pen.

"Sign Ze Papers here, und here and und here..." in the coldest tone of voice imaginable. Scared me to hear it also.  I dropped the pen, turned my head sideways and begin to "Sign Language" my name upon each form, hand thumping hard upon the clipboard.

This kinda caused an uproar of laughter within the whole reception room.. I was seen immediately...

More to follow....  *molar extracted for $137.00*

How much for the daughter? :D

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Barter System
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »
Your women, how much for your women?!

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Barter System
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »
Lute? You in OKC?! Small world. I WILL BE in Tulsa, permanently, in January also. Moving from Hell, er, I mean Phoenix to Broken Arrow. Hitting the road January 21st. [/hijack]

MAC, I'da pulled it for 20 bucks.

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.