Author Topic: Faces With the Names  (Read 184706 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Faces With the Names
« Reply #1110 on: June 15, 2011, 07:19:55 AM »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1111 on: June 15, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »

Waiting on the grid at Road Atlanta

YAY! Plastic trophy for the win at CMP, suitable for drinking celebratory beer!

Pic of an ugly dood from my facebook page and company website...  :confused:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1112 on: June 15, 2011, 08:38:12 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Waiting on the grid at Road Atlanta

YAY! Plastic trophy for the win at CMP, suitable for drinking celebratory beer!

Pic of an ugly dood from my facebook page and company website...  :confused:
couldnt agree more  :noid   :neener:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #1113 on: June 15, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »

:rofl I have to make sure I'm wide awake when I get on here.
I was like "what the hell is that..."   :lol

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #1114 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)<-Cheers to Elliot for the tickets

You a DC resident?  Those events at RFK are generally a pretty good time...

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1115 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »
couldnt agree more  :noid   :neener:

:rofl

Learn how to wear a baseball cap, kid, you ain't no gangsta.  :lol
Floyd

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1116 on: June 15, 2011, 10:27:49 AM »

Oooooo!

:banana:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1117 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:31 AM »

get a car that can actually reach 60mph without twin NOS boost canisters  ;)

but in seriousness: what do people see in those little honda civics?  :headscratch:
only reason i ask is because i have a person down my street who owns the same model in your pic, and he considers it the baddest car on the street, drives it full-peddle down the road.
makes me  :bhead at the horrible sound his exhaust makes. adds a whole new meaning to "annoying rice burner"
one day he was trying to show it off, so i made a friendly joke challenge to him, his supped up honda vs my mothers 2003 camry LS.

it was all for fun, he got me on the start but by the end, i had beat him by allmost 4 secs  :huh

ever since then he doesnt try to show it off as much as he used too.   :ahand

(not insulting your car personally, of course)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1118 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
get a car that can actually reach 60mph without twin NOS boost canisters  ;)

but in seriousness: what do people see in those little honda civics?  :headscratch:
only reason i ask is because i have a person down my street who owns the same model in your pic, and he considers it the baddest car on the street, drives it full-peddle down the road.
makes me  :bhead at the horrible sound his exhaust makes. adds a whole new meaning to "annoying rice burner"
one day he was trying to show it off, so i made a friendly joke challenge to him, his supped up honda vs my mothers 2003 camry LS.

it was all for fun, he got me on the start but by the end, i had beat him by allmost 4 secs  :huh

ever since then he doesnt try to show it off as much as he used too.   :ahand

People buy them probably cuz there not that expensive. And they are fairly light and the engines can be tuned up fairly easy

I'm just guessing
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1119 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
Honda CRX! You Beast!  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1120 on: June 15, 2011, 11:39:15 AM »
get a car that can actually reach 60mph without twin NOS boost canisters  ;)

No NOS here, SCCA road racing in ITB class.... OPM Autosports built stock Honda 1500cc 12-valve Si motor, blueprinted and balanced, 0.040 over bore, port matched, custom 4-1 race header and open exhaust, custom CAI. approx 115 hp.  :D

but in seriousness: what do people see in those little honda civics?  :headscratch:

What I saw in it was, in that racing class, it is one of the "cars to have if you want to win."

To put it in perspective, along with the diminutive little engine I mentioned above, this car ran a 4.93 custom final drive through the gearbox to a set of 13x6 Panasport race wheels shod in 215-wide Kumho race slicks, held in place by Koni custom race shocks and race coil springs and torsion bars. Weighed in on the scales at 2150 lbs with driver and fuel.

What does that mean on the track? Well, I had a 1990 Corvette Z51 set up for track use, 400+ hp 550 lb ft of torque, Doug Rippie Motorsports World Challenge spec race suspension, 315/35-17 race tires on ZR-1 11" wheels all 4 corners, ZR-1 brakes, all the works....

Best time around Roebling Road Raceway (2.1 mile 9 turn racetrack outside Savannah, GA) in the Corvette? 1:24.7XX

Best time in the 115 hp CRX race car? 1:26.1XX. Not too slow, considering the CRX (because of the 4.93 FD) wouldn't break 123 mph unless you dropped it out of an airplane. The vette was punching through 160 on the same straight before the brake markers into turn 1....

It was a lot of fun when I took the CRX back to school to get my license back after not having driven in a few years... I had a blast passing Viper ACR's, Corvette Z06's and tube frame GT cars in the corners like they were dragging boat anchors. My instructor (who was a friend of mine whom I'd raced against years earlier) said it was hilarious to watch me passing a GTO prepped Viper ACR on the outside of turn 9 (think 110mph flat right hand turn)! Of course they come flying back past me on the straights, but I can eat them alive in the corners on a lot of tracks.

It's all about weight and grip.... and knowing how to put the car where it needs to be to maintain every bit of momentum you can.

At Rockingham, NC on the NASCAR oval and infield road course, qualified 1st in class, 4th overall, ahead of almost all of the cars in the 2 faster classes. Finished the race 1st in class, 5th overall, with 2nd place in class just over a lap down.  :aok

Between turns 3 and 4 at CMP, scooting along right nice.

makes me  :bhead at the horrible sound his exhaust makes. adds a whole new meaning to "annoying rice burner"

it was all for fun, he got me on the start but by the end, i had beat him by allmost 4 secs  :huh

ever since then he doesnt try to show it off as much as he used too.   :ahand

No insult here. "Ricers" with the huge body kits, neon lights, giant wings, and "fart can" mufflers are put on this planet to laugh at and make fun of.  :lol

I used to always get a kick out of pulling into the gas station on the way to the track with the race car on the trailer, and some kid in a Honda would pull up and start gawking.. invariably they'd ask "how much horsepower do it make?" I'd respond, "oh, about 110, maybe 115...." which always got a puzzled look out of them. They'd then slowly ask "what does it do in the quarter?" I'd say "I don't know, maybe around 20 sec or so..."  They'd normally just look confused and drive off after that.  :lol :lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:46:10 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1121 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:43 AM »
Tyrannys, you troll, do you know what is a Lada 2107?
google it.       Belive me thats the most fun racing car.   cheers
AoM
City of ice

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #1122 on: June 15, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
You a DC resident?  Those events at RFK are generally a pretty good time...

Maryland, where the best public school system in the nation and the worst are separated only by a county line! We got it all!  :headscratch:

I live in Frederick, grew up in the area and never plan on leaving! I mean where else in the US is it good to have crabs all year long?!?  :D
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1123 on: June 15, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »
Tyrannys, you troll, do you know what is a Lada 2107?
google it.       Belive me thats the most fun racing car.   cheers
looks boxy, like it would tip over if it took a corner going anywheres above 50mph.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #1124 on: June 15, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »
Cheers to Elliot for the tickets

Can not stand Elliot in the morning.  I listen to 105.9 the EDGE Kirk and Mike show.
Curry1-Since Tour 101